Saturday, June 8, 2019

Got It!

I've added a lot of products to my sale pages, so you might want to check them out.

Happy Day--I have a new laptop!  So far no big problems, although I have a bit more set up to do.
I have been making cards, so here they are.
First is an entry for the Altenew Monthly Inspiration Challenge.  Finally opened the beautiful Flower Vine set.  I gold embossed an image & colored it with Zigs--mixing a purple & red to get close to the color in the photo.


I was making a one layer card, but didn't like the tiny sentiment I stamped.  Decided to save my colored image by using the coordinating die to cut it out, even though I had stamped off the edge.


I die cut a second one from the ruined card, glued the 2 together & trimmed them to fit the corner just like I had originally stamped.  Actually, I like it better with a bit of dimension.  The flower centers have Champagne Stickles for some sparkle.  I gold embossed the sentiment from Painted Greetings & added splatters with Distress Stain tarnished brass.  This is for my cousin's 50th wedding anniversary.  I'm also entering The Snippets PlaygroundSSS Monday.
Altenew-June2019-InspirationSnippets Playground Badge
Next is my Eclipse card for the ModSquad challenge.  I finally opened my Hero Arts liquid Metallic inks.


I added a drop of each ink, one at a time, on a wc panel, spritzed with very little water & used an airbrush tool to move the ink.  The shimmery inks are really beautiful in person.


W&W In a Word: Hello was die cut from the panel & from black fun foam to make an eclipse card.  The little word is made with Tim Holtz alpha stickers.  I think this would work for a guy or a gal.  I'm also entering InkspirationalSSS Wednesday.
Modsquad Challenge
I haven't had much time on the computer without a laptop, but I did watch Jennifer McGuire's video using the Wreath Builder template with stencils.  It looked like something I could actually do, so pulled out an old MFT stencil & Distress Inks abandoned coral, twisted citron & pumice stone.


Gotta say, what a fun technique!  I used a darker gray cardstock for the mat & MFT die cut letters which I stacked 4 high & covered with Nuvo Glaze & Pico Embellisher Shimmer.


Can't wait to try other stencils & colors.  I'm entering MFT Color Challenge & WAW.
Grab our badge:

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you as soon as I can.

26 comments:

  1. Great set of cards Greta and I do love your Ink card-all those splashes of glossy ink really match our outfit and the colours too! That die cut into the ink adds that speecial touch. Always good to see you at Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! I like your delicate flower spray on the first card, the cool metallics on the second and the fun kaleidoscope look of the last one. A triple play Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you finally got your new laptop! fabulous set of cards! the first one is so delicate and pretty! the other two are so fun with the bold and graphic designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous collection of cards, Greta! Very pretty first card with the delicate flowers! The second eclipse card is fabulous with the different colors! And, last card is very eye catching using a stencil! It looks like a fun technique to try! Take care and have a great week, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great save on your first really pretty card...It is so delicate and beautiful x. Love the explosion of colour on your friend card x. Fun and fabulous technique on your Hi card and such a striking effect x So glad you have a new laptop Greta x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your first card, so pretty embossed and colored. Your splashing of the liquid inks is fabulous. YOur wreath/stencil card looks cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your CAS design, Greta! The gold embossing truly showcase the delicate images! Love that! So glad that you join the fun over Altenew June Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your new computer is playing nicely at this point. The first card is so pretty and elegant - I love the delicate flower spray with touches of gold. The bold splashes on the hello card really pack a punch and would be great for any occasion. An airbrush tool you say? Must look that one up. The wreath technique looks fab too. As always a wealth of ideas when I come to visit. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing cards Greta. Glad you are enjoying the new computer. Just love all your cards. I haven't tried JM's stenciling with the wreath builder yet, but love the one you've used. Turned out amazing. And WOW - those metallic inks are INCREDIBLE... and great save on card one. The dimension of the flowers is great. So dlegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Greta, these are fabulous and beautiful cards and all so different. With special touches on each.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Greta!

    What wonderful cards you have been making! And I adore your snippets card - great save - it's absolutely beautiful!

    At last, this morning when I woke up I could actually see that there are veins on top of my feet. They still swell as the day goes on but I almost managed to do a happy dance! Dudley is so aware that today is cooler and wet - he's wandering around from place to place indoors looking for mischief! Even though he's had a walk and a few plays in the garden.

    Again - this really is a beautiful snippets card!

    Hugs

    Di xx and a woof from 'trouble' here x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats beautiful and
    I love the colour you have achieved mixing those two shades together. Great save on the sentiment too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card designs and all so very different in style. But they are equally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty cards, they all are lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you got your laptop! Love all of your cards. You were so smart to put together that first one and it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three outstanding designs, Greta! I love how they are all gorgeous, but all different, which shows your wide range of talent! My favorite is the first! It's really pretty!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards, I love them all. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Greta! I'm back from vacation! :) And WOW! Look at what I've missed! I LOVE your first card! So pretty and elegant and then OMG! Your second card with all that awesome splattering of color - I so LOVE this one! And then a sweet card using the wreath builder stencil with some great colors! Love them all! And I'm so happy to hear you got a new computer! Have fun with it - :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. All are simply amazing! But I llllllllllllove your second card and thank you so much for sharing with us the steps. It is a really inspiring technique for me and I will definitely try it. Many kisses, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! So happy you got an new laptop! Your cards are just gorgeous! Love how you did that painted one and the stenciled card is amazing! The beautiful gold embossed flowers are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ALL of your cards are wonderful! Love that first one. Simply gorgeous!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for the lovely card, Greta!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous array of cards, Greta...each one so different but so 'you' (you of many styles!). Wildly cheering an applauding that your awesome Hello card was one of our top picks at Inkspirational! Congratulations! Hope to see you joining in the current one: garden!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are all amazing! I am loving the 'delicateness' of your golden flowers Greta, such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.