Monday, February 4, 2019

Valentines

I'm not going to get too many Valentines mailed this year, but I have some to show you today.  I figure a Valentine for a friend is really a friendship card.  Sometimes I use hearts & sometimes not.  The Happy Valentines Day sentiment will be inside.
First is my last homework card for Altenew All About Layering 3.  


This card was inspired by Lydia's Day 5 card using a white die cut on a white card as the background.  I finally opened my Altenew Lotus stamps & dies.  The inks are PTI Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Pale Peony, Prairie Grass & Spring Moss.


The background is Altenew Pegboard Canvas Cover Die.  I added Star Dust Stickles to the flower centers & used black pearls for embellishment.  The sentiment from Painted Greetings was black embossed on a vellum scrap.  I'm entering The Snippets Playground.
Snippets Playground Badge
Next is my entry for ABNH and Modsquad


I black embossed the 2009 Hero Arts stamp called Heart Frame.  Then I blended DI chipped sapphire, getting lighter as I went from the edges toward the big heart.  The sentiment is from a 2008 HA mini set that includes 12 gems.  I actually have this stamp set listed on my for sale page, as I had never used it.  To add silver foil, I just used my Quickie Glue pen in some of the hearts & pressed on foil when it was tacky. 


I used Score Tape on the card front so I could have a silver foil border.  Decided against embellishments, but I did spray heavily with shimmer mist--gorgeous in person.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Modsquad Challenge
My last card is made with a very, very old unmounted stamp, so I have no idea who made it.


I added black Pico Embellisher to the eyes & nose & colored the red stripes with a Memento marker.  Red Stickles was added to the tiny hearts.  Love this Gina Marie die enabled by my friend, Brenda.  I'm entering Stamplorations Theme, SSS MondaySSS Wednesday.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



26 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trio of Valentines Greta! Love the swirls and hearts on the second one. That cute little pup fits into that frame perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink card the most of this trio of great cards. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all wonderful cards, my friend! especially love the entry to the ABNH challenge with the lovely shading and foil accents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful Greta! I love the flowers on your first card and that adorable pup on your third card! Have a wonderful day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Greta. The little pup is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Greta :-) all of them are fabulous! I love the flowers and the die cut peg board background, I am going to need to get me that die, and the little pup is adorable and I love how you just coloured the heart, looks awesome!!

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, your homework is just stunning. I wish all my homework had been so fun back in the day. I love the blue card with the silver border. It is so pretty. The pup with his heart is so sweet. Enabling is my part time job because someone has to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All so sweet Greta! Love the puppy :) Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous collection of cards Greta. YOu did wellwith your class. YOur blending is a wonderful progression from dark to light and that pup is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Valentines Greta! I love the snippets one - those beautiful flowers looks just right on the peg bard die cut. Ha, and the last one with the doggy on reminds me of Dudley Dog!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. really wonderful set of cards, greta! love the beautiful flowers on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful first card for your friend and wonderful to use the pretty flowers instead of hearts. Gorgeous atmospheric second card, with great colours. Adorable last card and super cute x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous trio of cards Greta. I really like the pegboard background to showcase the pretty blooms on the first one. The elegant heart is so pretty and the wee Puppy is just adorable. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your Valentines. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so beautiful, Greta ! Love how you placed blossoms on dotted pattern background. So neat and graceful.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! What a wonderful collection of gorgeous creations! Just love them all but that sweet puppy is the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful array of love cards! All different and very inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What gorgeous cards Greta... We don't send Valentine's cards here to friends so I usually only make one for DH and one for Mikey (from the kitties)... Wishing you a lovely day my friend

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful trio of cards, Greta! So lovely is the first card with the pretty flowers! Second card is beautiful in blue and delicate heart! Last card is just the cutest with the pup and heart!:-) Hope you're having a great week, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your beautiful Valentine cards, Greta. But I am impressed with the cute puppy!!! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cards, each of them. Love they are so different, great job. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a sweet card Greta! Love the look of that Gina Marie die, so delicate…
    Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.