Wednesday, February 20, 2019

More Hearts for February

My sweet friend, Maria, enclosed a variety of hearts in a card she sent me.  I used the red felt heart to make a card for AAA Cards, JUGsStamplorations Theme.


I started by stamping the music image from Penny Black butterfly symphony in Brilliance Pearlescent Coral (actually a beautiful pink ink) & then the sentiment from Altenew Painted Greetings in Brilliance Graphite Black.  The felt heart was glued in place to finish my CAS card.  May decide to round the top corners--couldn't make up my mind.


My entry for the February Poppystamps Love Me Do challenge is also a CAS card.


I die cut PS Heart String 3 times & glued the top & bottom pieces to white cardstock with the die still in place to keep them correctly positioned.  So nice to use some of my white cardstock scraps!  I stamped the sentiment from PS Grateful Heart in Brilliance Graphite Black & colored one of the hearts die cuts with a red Spectrum Noir sparkle pen.  It's not a bright red, but is sparkly & pretty in person.  I didn't stack the hearts so that it is slightly recessed into the white pieces.  Since this one won't go through the mail (hubby's anniversary or next Valentines Day card) I used foam tape to mount the focal point to the black cardstock.  I really love the simplicity & contrasts of this card.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground.
6a01157003623c970c01b8d25908ec970c-320wi Snippets Playground Badge

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all your pretty card designs with hearts. I love the CAS style of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! The red felt heart and music image makes for the perfect CAS card! Your second CAS card is lovely, too! It looks very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so pretty! I love that red heart in the corner for the color challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful CASlicious cards, Greta, excellent for the challenges! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. two stunning cards, Greta - love the music with the red felt heart (or is it "heartfelt") and your second card really will be perfect for Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two perfectly fabulous CAS cards Greta! The felt heart with that wee bit of music looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous heart cards, Greta! Especially love the red felt one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, how pretty! Love the felt heart! I also love the CAS designs!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing, love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, Greta. And I love their elegant and simple design. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are wonderfully CAS. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. both cards are the perfect example of clean and elegant card design, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are just wonderful, love the CAS simplicity of them.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect CAS cards, both of them. The placement of the elements on your first card is fabulous. Your second card is so classy. Love the photography too Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, clean designs that go to the heart of the matter! Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, loved your cards, esp the way you designed the first one. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards challenge, hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love that first card with just the corner done... And your second card is so striking... Love the inlaid die cut

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two gorgeous cards Greta - I adore the snippets one. So elegant and very stylish.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! Love the color combos here! And I must admit, hearts are one of my favorite elements for cardmaking, I just can't get enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can NEVER have enought hearts this month!! I love your card and the simplicity you have created! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heart cards are always in fashion and yours are simply lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards, Greta! I love the subtle pattern behind your heart in the first card. Very pretty and CAS. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.