Sunday, January 13, 2019

Winter Scene

I absolutely love Ashley's card for this week's PTI MIM Challenge Winter Watercolor.  My version is very simple with just 3 trees.
Our winter's are more frosty than snowy, so I used gray with a touch of blue.  The background watercoloring was done with DI weathered wood, faded jeans & chipped sapphire.  I stamped the trees from Enchanted Forest in Weathervane several times using a stamp positioner.  The texture of the watercolor paper almost looks like canvas.  The sentiment from Meadow Greens was stamped in a dark blue & then overstamped in Weathervane.  I added splatters with the DI & dots with a white pen.  The mat is Weathervane cardstock.  I can't wait to try another card like this using more trees.  I'm also entering SSS Monday (new Enchanted Forest stamp set) & WAW.
Papertrey Ink BlogGrab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful composition Greta! love the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the MIM technique, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Greta! I like the simplicity of it and those slender trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a soft and eleganta card Greta! Well done !
    THANK YOU for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we all hope to see you and your creative ideas soon!!
    Have a great day, Zoey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Enchanted Forest. Those little trees are awesome, Greta. I love the simplicity. So sad the Colts lost. It was awful after the comeback they had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're right, Greta, this does look like a canvas and it's certainly worthy of being framed! It reminds me of the paintings I've seen in cabins we've rented!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, love the painting effect.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty Greta. The colours are perfect for winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and delicate water colouring with such pretty colours. I love those contemporary looking trees too on your wonderful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my kind of challenge! Yur card is so serene and beautifully done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how lovely, Greta! A beautiful scene with the trees, very serene! Wonderful sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply magical...love the look of your wonderful forest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple and elegant design.i love the colour palette you have chosen. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card, Greta. I love the pale background the beautiful trees. Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.