Friday, January 25, 2019

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop



It's time for the monthly PTI Blog Hop.  The inspiration photo is a cake for a baby shower--not like any I've ever seen.  Cakes mean birthdays in my world, so I used the colors for a birthday card.


My recent PTI order included Balloons & Banners and Tag Sale: Quilted Die--both of which I used.  Decided it was time to pull out some of my felt & luckily I have light blue & light pink.  I actually drew the balloon strings--a first for me!  The sentiment from Don't Forget to Write was white embossed on the black die cut banner included with the tag die & I mounted it with foam tape.  I added the black & white striped paper to the top & bottom and attached tiny gems to the banner.  Very simple, but a festive card, I think.  I'm also entering Time Out Challenges.
Edited to add: Also entering SSS Work it Wednesday.



Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


20 comments:

  1. Awwwwww….what aa sweet, sweet card Greta!! I am loving those felt balloons and the black & white stripes on the sides! Definitely a FUN and festive birthday card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Greta! I didn't see a baby shower either but I like that you thought birthday cake--it is the same in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the balloons! The stripes in the background make them POP! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design, Greta. I love the felt balloons. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your felt balloons and the fun stripes on top and bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card~Love the flet balloons idea for your birthday card, Greta! Way to think outside of the flower-box :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your super sweet clean and simple take on the inspiration, greta! the felt balloons are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the felt balloons are so cute - and those strings look great - i think they're hard to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went with a birthday theme as well! Love your fun card with the striped details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on the photo and I think cakes are more for birthdays and anniversaries. I like your pretty balloons. But I guess these days they sometimes use a cake to announce if it is a boy or girl by the color of the cake inside under the frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your birthday card works for me, love the stripes! This is delightful Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet birthday card, Greta with your pink and blue balloons and black and white stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT card and a great design to bring Happy into the cheer. Love it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Greta. Love the black and white additions. Who woulds see a baby shower on that cake? I must be getting old. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun...love all your sweet balloons between the black and white stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I missed this post Greta....Your card is so pretty, love the interpretation of the inspiration photo and your design is fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those sweet, soft balloons!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the blue and pink felt balloons! And, great black and white stripes for your wonderful birthday card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all of that bold black & white, and the pastel balloons! Great make. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.