Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Surprise--More Christmas Cards!

Most of you know I love making Christmas cards.  Here's one I sent last month, but never got posted.  It's actually one of my favorites using the Hero Arts Holiday Greenery Edge die.
I actually think it can be used year round.  For this card I watercolored with Zigs & added sparkle & shine to the berries.  The card front is a light blue textured cardstock from a 12x12 piece I've had a long time & it's almost gone, unfortunately.  The white area for the sentiment was too stark, so I very lightly colored it with a gray Zig & a wet brush--such a difference.  The sentiment is a 2004 Penny Black stamp that's still one of my favorites.  This is my last entry for ABNH.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground.
Snippets Playground Badge
Next is a new card for next year using a favorite Christmas color combo of white, gold & red. 
The Penny Black berry wreath & the edges of the card front were embossed with a gold glitter powder--beautiful in person.

The PB sentiment was stamped in red on a vellum strip & the panel was mounted with fun foam.  Simple, classic & elegant--a style I'm always drawn to.  I'm entering ABC Christmas Challenge, ATSM, PBSC & WAW.
Grab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



24 comments:

  1. Greta, both cards are wonderful and perfect additions for the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Greta! Both your cards are fabulous! I love the die on the first one and the golden wreath on the second is stunning! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are very lovely, Greta! Pretty edge die on the first card. And, second card with the wreath is very elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta...both of your cards are so beautiful. I love that gorgeous border on the first card and those bits of red, so festive! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are such beautiful CAS Christmas card designs. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. two gorgeous creations, Greta - the gold berry is fantastic - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both just wonderful Greta but the first one is my favorite, it's amazing! That light wash of gray on your sentiment strip was the perfect touch! Pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done and I love making Christmas cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I do like the pop of red on both cards and gold is very elegant~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stunning! I love making Christmas cards too, and since our winter is sooo long, I feel compelled to do so even in February or March! Maybe this is the year I will finally just go for it and start on my card pile a heap early :) These are both beautiful, Greta, I especially love the first one with that gorgeous border - so glad you shared! The gold and red is also a winning combo - so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful CAS cards, Greta. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. both cards are beautiful, greta! clean and simple perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are amazing as always Greta! Thanks so much for playing along at A Blog named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards! Love the clean design. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful card Greta and I love the way you colored the beautiful die cut! Great job and thank you for all your stunning entries for our challenge at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Greta
    Fabulous wreath card... love it ...
    Thanks for joining us at PBSC
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both card Greta - so elegant. And the sentiment stamp is a keeper for sure! Special hugs to Fritz - I saw two similar dogs whilst walking Dudley last week - ha, he hid behind my legs. He's such a wimp at times!

    Sorry to take so long to comment - blame a white fluffy bundle called Dudley!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards Greta, hope you don't mind if I use some of your ideas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards. The wreath is lovely. Thank you for linking up at Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful christmas cards you have made, Greta. Love the one with the gold embossed wreath- very elegant. Thanks for sharing it with us at this years first challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards Greta - love the sparkly gold embossing!
    Lovely to see you at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - Thanks also for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards Greta :-) the gold embossing is stunning! very stylish and beautiful cards :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.