Thursday, January 31, 2019

PTI & Altenew

Still putting off the purging & organizing on my to do list--big surprise!  First is my entry for PTI MIM Negative Die Cut Backgrounds.  My first thought was to use the dotted rectangle die in Mix & Mat: Flourishes to make a pattern.  I ended up simply cutting it horizontally & then vertically.


Kinda cool, so I went with it for a simple card with the focus on the sentiment.  The stamps are all from Don't Forget to Write & the inks are Enchanted Evening & Delicata Silvery Shimmer.  Dug out an old corner punch & added dark blue pearls.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Papertrey Ink Blog
Altenew recently had a free class--All About Layering 3.  I've barely used my layering floral sets.  Lining them up does not seem to come naturally to me--haha!  The class inspired me to try again & this time I decided perfection is really not required.


This is my homework for Day 1 using Majestic Bloom, Painted Greetings & the Leaf Frame Cover die.  I used Champagne Stickles for the centers & the dots.  I'm entering SSS Wednesday

Here's my homework for Day 4, also using Majestic Bloom & Painted Greetings.  The background is Altenew Washi my friend Betty gave me when I visited her. 


I discovered stamping on the Washi doesn't really work, but fortunately all I had to do was add a couple layers of embossing powder.  Lydia's class example showed placing large die cuts over the edge of the card & then trimming the excess.  I couldn't get leaves to look right, so instead I matted each bloom with an offset vellum die cut.  A dot of gold Liquid Pearls was added to the flower centers.  I'm entering SSS Wednesday.

Almost forgot to tell you, I used my new brushes with the lightest ink shade to color the white borders of the flowers.  The brushes look just like the $50 ones you may have seen people talking about, but they're about $8 on Amazon.  Must say, I love them!
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.




21 comments:

  1. I love the treatment you gave that first card Greta. The die cut used both ways make for a fabulous look on your square card. Secondly I have to give you big props for getting homework done...I have yet to even see what homework is. I have to finish my Valentines before I touch any flowers...there is no going back once I whip them out.

    Your majestic blooms are beautiful and I agree, matching and lining those dies up rarely works perfectly for me...I think they are supposed to be a bit messy.In any case yours are fabulous in both pink and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design of that first one Greta but that new floral stamp is going right to the top of my wish list, what an absolute beauty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The die cut work on the first card is so cool and you lined those dots up perfectly! Your majestic blooms are stunning. I have issues with the layering stamps too. Guess I need to watch some videos haha! Amazing cards Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your fun take on the MIM technique, greta! and WOW! your altenew cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three lovely cards here Greta! I love how you used the rectangle die horizontal and vertical - what a great design look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creations all around, the last one caught my attention in the student gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your majestic bloom cards are beautiful and stunning. The first card is so creative, elegant and CAS perfection x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic homework cards, Greta - and love the simple elegance of your thank you card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card designs and all so very different in looks. You do amazing work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the negative die to create such a unique card! And Greta, I never have much success with those layering dies and when I have had success... I don't like them Lol! Your cards are brilliant! Your stamping looks amazing and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love that flower. Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your first card turned out Cool Greta! LOVE how you used that die... Your Second and third cards are stunning! Totally LOVE the floral design on both and the colors!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. such beauty in your designs. Hugs Miss Greta

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you designed this Greta! I almost copied your idea for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fab cool design on your first card, Greta! Second card is super lovely! Wonderful leaf frame cover die and love the flower! Last card is just as wonderful with the purple flowers and dot background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a unique card your first one is. Very clever use of the die. Your homework cards are stunning, Greta. Beautiful coloring and shading. I should look up that class as I have trouble lining up layered stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely trio of cards Greta and I love the graphic look on the first in contrast to the pretty floral cards. I too have problems lining up the layers on the Altenew flowers but your success has inspired me to check out the class!
    The brushes sound intriguing!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the classy simplicity of the first card and the blooms of the other two are outstanding. Lush and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two gorgeous cards with that large blossom, Greta!! Just love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, Greta! Your cards are all sensational and they look pretty darn perfect to me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful set of cards, Greta! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.