Saturday, January 19, 2019

W&W Leading Lady Take 3

Thank you again to Shay for giving me this wonderful opportunity to share my love of Winnie & Walter products.  I hope you've found some inspiration for your own cardmaking.  The month is speeding by and it's time for Take 3
We all have times when it's hard to come up with an idea for a card.  One of my solutions to that problem is to use a favorite design element.  My choice is to mask off an area for inking.  There are many variations, so cards can all look different.  I generally use more solid images, but you will see today it really works with any stamps.
First is a sympathy card using A Tree for All Seasons.  I began by heat embossing the tree with a couple coats of embossing powder to obtain a thick, shiny image.  Then I masked off the area where I wanted color.  Distress Inks faded jeans and peeled paint were applied with stencil brushes for a softer look.  I heat embossed the sentiment and added brown splatters.  The panel was matted with light blue textured cardstock for a simple, flat card which, unfortunately, I need to get in the mail.
Next up is a fun winter notecard.  This is the first time I've used kraft cardstock for the technique, but it won't be the last!  I white embossed the front 2 trees from Yetitide Greetings & masked them before adding the tree in the background.  The matching dies were used to make the masks--so quick & easy.  Then I masked off a horizontal strip & used an ink cube direct to the paper.  The trick when using kraft cardstock is to use an ink with pigment properties, like the Delicata Emerald Green I used.  The white embossing picked up a hint of the green which I actually think adds to the effect for this card.  I stamped the sentiment using words from The Big, the Bold & Seasons and added a few white sequins for embellishment.  I'm entering Inkspirational.
For my final project the masked area is a rectangle in the center of the card.  Distress Inks bundled sage, milled lavender & spun sugar were sponged on beginning at the bottom right & moving to the top left, rather than straight across.  Instead of embossing, I stamped the bloom, stem and leaves from In Bloom: Eva's Favorite Flowers in Brilliance Starlite Black.  It's another ink with pigment properties giving me good coverage on top of the Distress Ink background.  I curved the straight stem onto my acrylic block and masked the card front to get the length I wanted.  The same ink was used for the beautiful word from Sentimental: Thanks and a single gray gem completes the card.  I'm entering CAS on Friday and SSS Wednesday.
Be sure to check my first Leading Lady post & my Take 2 post to leave comments and be entered in the random drawing for a $30 Winnie & Walter gift card.  You will get an additional entry by leaving a comment on today's post telling me which card is your favorite.  Yes, you have to pick one--haha!  I'll be back next Saturday for my final performance.
For your blog
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


43 comments:

  1. love the masking technique you used on your cards to highlight the stamps - my favorite is the first card as the blues and greens are so pretty with that stark tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to pick just one since they are all beautiful. I like the stark tree on the first card but I like the soft sponged colors diagonally on the last card. I'll pick the top card since it depicts the winter we are in right now. The green strip on kraft is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greta your masked cards are gorgeous. I love the two with the multiples of color put on so softly. That's a great tip for coloring up kraft to use the pad direct to paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Greta. Three amazing cards. I love the simplicity and the technique you used on the first one. I love the white embossing on the second one. But the third card is my favourite as I LLLLLOVE the pretty stamped flower with the gem. Thank you for all the inspiration you give me with your gorgeous cards, my friend. Kisses!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what beautiful cards! Love the blending technique and clean designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ink blended color combos are all lovely and I like how they are only a partial element. Lovely cards, Greta. tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first card is my favorite, I think. Love the
      pretty colors used, the bit of splattering, too.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cards! I love the first one. Pretty color combo for winter with that awesome tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards using a favorite technique of mine, also. I have only done it on kraft a couple of times...you have inspired me to try that again! Love the simple beauty of each of your stunning cards...and an easy-mailer is always a nice bonus, too. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the sympathy card with the lovely blended strip is my favorite of these...but they are all just so pretty!!!
      <3 J

      jwoolbright at gmail dot com
      HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. Three more lovely cards! You're really rocking the CAS style, Greta! The middle one is my favorite with that green strip behind the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just lovely! I love the tree one and the CAS of all three is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so wonderfully designed and I love the CAS style of them. Great backgrounds and colors on all of them. My favorite is the sympathy card. That lone tree on that colored strip is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with a lot of the other commenters, Greta! The first card is my favorite with the soft green and blue colors behind the tree. But, each one of these cards is absolutely beautifully done. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three great designs! I like how you used the kraft and how you incorporated the white trees. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love your first card and it couldn't be more perfect for a sympathy card design. The peaceful, subdued colors would be comforting to receive at a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great masking techniques...I really like the colours on the 1st with the embossing the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. another absolutely fabulous set of cards, greta! love the ink blending on all of them... you are absolutely rocking your turn as a leading lady for Winnie & walter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful cards Greta. I love them all but the sympathy card with the lone tree standing there says so much. I picked up from your Playground comment that the year hasn't gotten off to a good start for you. Here's hoping things get better, I'm glad little Dudley perked you up.

    Love

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this technique - I'll have to try it as I think it's lovely and very effective! My favourite card is the beautiful sympathy card. They're never easy to make. Your colours are perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE them ALL Greta! My Fav is the Christmas card... Love those trees!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greta what fabulous inspiration and great to see the masking technique used in different ways. Love the black shiny heat embossed tree on the first, great use of the die as a mask on the second and love the kraft too and CAS perfection on the last one. Thank you for the inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  21. another series of fantastic cards...particularly love the 1st and 2nd ones TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards designs. My fave is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What?? We have to choose a favourite, from a trio of WOW? Now that's a challenge...but...going with the trees on kraft. No, wait...the pretty flower! Then again, the tree...As you can see, I'm indecisive *grin* I've tried the ink/masking before, but my strips are always crooked. After seeing your versions here, I'm apt to try again! You're a fabulously inspired, inspiring Leading Lady! Thrilled you shared the trees/kraft in the Inkspirational gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful CAS cards!!! My favourite is your second one because I can really see a wood! I like so much the combo of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. SUPER cards Greta, each with its own special design.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the masking technique for creating space to stamp. Your background color blending is great. My favorite is the rectangle flower card, but I, too, like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. All three are unique lovely cards, Greta! If I must choose one, I'd say I'm drawn to the last one with the soft pretty colors and beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Left you some love at W & W! These are all pretty Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that you gave us three ways to use that lovely inking technique Greta and I really like all of them. If I had to pick one, it would be the first card because I love those softly blended colours.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What lovely cards Greta... You are really rocking your title girl!! Well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful inking on these cards! Such pretty color combinations on the first and third. Great tip on the ink to use on kraft. Love all three!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You did three more amazing cards to wrap up your wonderful series, Greta! All of them are fantastic! That last one reminds me of the old block stamps that were popular when I first got into stamping. We weren't doing masking then, which you show is better because it leaves so many more options for beautiful coloring! Thank you for all the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  33. ALL are beautiful, Greta! I especially LOVE that technique with the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful selection of CAS cards, love each one.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  35. CAS perfection. Love masking and these are beautiful and inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful cards! My favourite is the sympathy card with the tree silhouette - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Greta... Beautiful CAS card. This is not my number to comment but when I saw your card I had to drop by.
    Thank you for sharing with us at the Inkspirational gallery

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow great cards - love them all - my fav would have to be the first one - so serene!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for your great card ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.