Saturday, January 26, 2019

Winnie & Walter Leading Lady Final Performance

I'm thrilled to be back with my Final Performance as the Winnie & Walter January Leading Lady.  It's been a huge honor & I can't thank Shay enough.

I love shimmer & shine including foil.  For my final 3 cards I thought it'd be fun to show you ways to add foil without using a laminator.  First up is a festive birthday card with a rainbow color scheme.


I stamped images from Scenery: Dotty on the card front using a variety of Distress Inks that match the rainbow foil.  The In a Word: Happy Cutaway was die cut from self-adhesive foam so that the adhesive was on the top.  Then the foil was pressed onto the word & carefully peeled back to reveal the gorgeous results!


The little word from The Big, the Bold & the Happy was white embossed on a black scrap & trimmed into a label.  I added a scattering of shimmer dots for embellishment.  This really is my favorite way to use foil--super easy & fun!
For the next card I first made a plaid panel using 2 images from Scenery: Stripes stamped in Memento Lilac Posies & Teal Zeal.  Then I added strips of 1/8 inch score tape going both directions & pressed silver foil onto the adhesive.


I love how it totally changes the look!  The bloom & leaves from In Bloom: Addie's Garden were die cut, stamped & brushed with the same inks.  I also used a shimmer pen on the bloom & attached it with foam tape.  For the sentiment I used In a Word: Thanks Coordinating Cutaways.  The shadow was cut from white cardstock & the word from a medium gray.  I like how it stands out, but doesn't compete with the silver foil.
To finish up I made my most common type of card & that is one to keep in touch with a friend.  I  began by randomly stamping flowers from In Bloom: Eva's Favorite Flowers in 3 PTI inks:  Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay & Bright Buttercup.  I added the dot from the same set using Classic Kraft.


Then I used my Quickie Glue pen to make dots in the flower centers.  When they turned tacky, I pressed on gold foil.  Almost looks like designer paper with foil accents, don't you think?!  I stamped the words from The Big, the Bold & the Happy in Versfine Vintage Sepia.  Originally it was a one layer card, but I decided to add a gold foil frame.  I cut the panel down slightly & brushed the edges of the card front with Flitter Glu.  When it dried to a tacky finish I pressed on the same gold foil & attached the floral panel.  The frame could also have been done using 1/4 inch Score Tape.
I hope you've been inspired in some way by my projects this month.  Winnie & Walter has given me a $30 gift certificate as a prize for the random drawing I'm doing on February 2.  All comments left on this post and my Take 1 post will be entered in the drawing.  For additional entries answer my questions in your comments on my posts for Take 2 and Take 3.


Thanks again to Shay for having me & I look forward to seeing all your Winnie & Walter projects in blogland.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


28 comments:

  1. Three lovely cards Greta and all so very different.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great ways to do foiling without a laminator that look so easy. Double sided tape is the best thing since sliced bread. Your cards are all lovely with beautiful shine, each in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your foiling tips Greta, and the cards are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Greta! I especially like that plaid background you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful cards, Greta - thanks for all the foiling reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas for adding foil to your cards! I'll have to remember to try them out! I have a laminator but it isn't easy to get to....
    Love your pretty cards! I've enjoyed your Leading Lady posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I don't have a laminator, but want to try foiling, this is the perfect post for me. All of your cards are pretty. The rainbow of color 'happy' makes ME happy! lol And the plaid ... so lovely! I adore plaid. Thanks so much for an awesome month filled with lots of inspiration & techniques I will put to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, fun and festive cards! It has been so fun seeing your W&W inspiration this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a great month with you! the foil gives these just a hint of shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! I love the colors in your finale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yourcards are all amazing and so well designed. You did a great designing job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved all your beautiful cards Greta...you are so talented! Congrats again on being W&W Leading Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty with the foiling and love the rainbow of colors on the first one.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've gone out with a bang Greta, these are all fabulous! You've been an awesome leading lady!

    ReplyDelete
  15. An excellent wrap-up of your well-deserved terms as W&W Leading Lady, Greta! All three designs are just gorgeous! And thank you for all the cool tips about adding foil without a laminator!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm back from two weeks away and trying to catch up with my favourite blogs. How lovely to see these foiling techniques, as I will never own a laminator and would like to give it a try. Especially love the rainbow foiling and the sweet floral card. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards. Thanks so much for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sure ended your month as a leading lady with a bang, Greta! A fabulous set of cards showing how to add foiling without using a laminator!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my your cards just keep better - awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing these three ways to use foil. The first card looks amazing and what pretty colours of foil and a great technique. Love the plaid and the pop of pop sure does make a difference. Such a pretty third card, which really does look like designer paper. Thank you for all your wonderful inspiration during this month...You are one creative lady x.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your fabulous cards today. Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiration this month.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Three stunning cards, Greta! Great ways to use foil. I’d love to give it a try some time! Awesome job at being leading lady! Again, congrats...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Amazing set of cards!!! Love so much your ideas about how use foil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous, Greta!! What a fab idea for a Leading Lady feature. I LOVE the look of foiling, but rarely think to add it to my cards...since I do not have a laminator. These techniques inspire me!!! Thanks for sharing all month long. Now I have to go back and see if I remembered to actually answer your questions in posts 2 and 3. I know I commented, but did I follow the directions????? Hmmmmm.... LOL!! Have a great day!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful cards! thanks for the ideas for using foil!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love the touches of foil and thanks for the tips on adding shine without a laminator! So many fun ideas for cardmaking!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've created such great projects! I love all the foil techniques! I love the hello card - gorgeous rainbow of colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.