Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Friendship and Thank You

I goofed and sent my first CCC card to the wrong person!  I've done the exchange for many years and this is a first!  Hopefully, also a last--haha!  Luckily, I was able to get a card made and sent to the right person before the end of March.  Always love using black and white plus another color, so I was happy to make two.
Here are my cards, both using Altenew's Flower Bed 3D embossing folder.

I'm entering the first card in the SSS Wednesday gallery.
The JUGS Stencil challenge is about to close, so will keep this short.  I love Taylored Expressions Create in Quads Ever Bloom layering stencils.  It's great that you can just make one of the designs, if you don't want all four.  Couldn't wait to try out my new Altenew blue inks to make a special thank you for someone who loves blue. 
I previously gold foiled the panel that replaces the 4th stencil and used a Waffle Flower Shader 1+ brush with the 3 lighter inks for the other 3 stencils.  Boy do you get incredible ink coverage with that brush!  I added a mat and Poppystamps scalloped frame inked with the darkest blue.  
SSS Painted Thanks was stacked 3 high with the bottom layer used for a white shadow and the top inked with the dark blue.  Finished off with gold sequins.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday via IG.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


12 comments:

  1. Your hello cards for the exchange are so pretty, Greta! I love the one with the vellum butterfly. Cute card for our JUGs challenge. The dark blue frame adds so much interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much depth on that EF Greta and the pops of colour really draw the eye, the blue stencilled card a pretty design.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards, Greta. I especially love the last one, a lovely striking design.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta... just job photographing your gorgeous thanks card! I haven't really investigated TE's quad stencils... I will have to do so. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Greta - love both versions of your CCC card - someone was surprised, eh? And what a pretty stenciled card in the blues!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful collection of cards. I think it is very easy to make a mistake with the CCC, especially when life is busy. We all make them. Atl east you realised and were able to get another one sent in time. Love that embossing folder xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both versions look fabulous Great, I’m very happy to have the turquoise/teal one up on the shelf in my kitchen for regular admiration! Such a pretty folder and perfect for the treatment you gave it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the cards you created with that embossing folder are just gorgeous, Greta! Love the little touches of color you were able to add. And the third card? So pretty done up in the lovely shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely cards, Greta! Love the embossed flower background with the touches of yellow and beautiful butterfly! Your last card is beautiful, too! Wonderful flower background and pretty colors of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three cards are lovely Greta. I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic cards. I really liked both the cards using Altenew's Flower Bed 3D embossing folder as they just really catch the eye and hold it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Greta your cards for the exchange are stunning, I love that embossing folder you used. So pretty! As for your stencil card for JUGS, it looks great in the colours you chose, also so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.