Sunday, April 28, 2024

Friendship and Birthday

Still not back to myself, but most days I have a few hours where I feel good enough to work on cards.  For the first one, I gold embossed SSS Poinsettia background on black watercolor paper.
I love the geometric pattern that can be used all year.   I spritzed the panel and randomly added blue and green Altenew Metallic watercolors.  So beautiful in person and visible in my short IG video.  SSS Rustic Sprig was die cut twice from MFT Champagne Glitter cardstock.  SSS Painted Hugs was die cut from black glossy cardstock that I also used for the mat.  Finished off with black enamel dots.  I'm entering Tic Tac Toe #246 using Embossing, Free, Gold.
I recently discovered the beautiful Memory Box Viola paper pack in my stash.  One of the sheets is a lovely subtle background and I thought it'd be perfect to emboss with my favorite MB Blooming embossing folder.  
I lightly rubbed Memento Grape Jelly over the raised edges.  Poppystamps Happy Birthday Poe Script was stacked and covered with Nuvo Crystal Glaze.  Finished off with white embroidery thread and a tiny white heart in the center of the bow.  I'm entering Memory Box April Challenge, SSS Wednesday, Snippets Playground (teal cardstock was a scrap) and Word Art Wednesday.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


12 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you are not completely better yet, but am glad that you are able to craft so we can all enjoy your beautiful makes. 2 really lovely cards. I love them both equally xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous hugs card with that yummy backgrounds and die cut fronds, Greta!! Love the embossed bday card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better! beautiful cards! Glad you shared one at TTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like slow progress Greta, hopefully the weathers warming up which always cheers the spirit. Two pretty cards.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the recovery continues. Two stunners Greta. Love that purple card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't push yourself too hard, that virus can linger. Glad you are finding time to craft a little thought I bet its tiring. Your cards are beautiful. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read that you've had Covid Greta! Oddly enough, we had our Spring booster jabs today. Get well soon!

    I LOVE your card - such a pretty colour, love the embossing as well.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both cards, but thanks for entering the second one into the Snippets Playground.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. Please come and join in with the skipping if you feel up to it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two perfectly lovely cards, Greta! I'll bet you are enjoying those few hours of getting inky again! Take card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, Greta! I hope you're feeling better VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful cards. That gold is stunning and the embossing folder is a great one. Love the paper you found in your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super pretty set of cards, Greta! The backgrounds you created are so unique and eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.