Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Time Out Challenge #262

Well, thought I'd be back before now.  However, after having a wonderful family time for my nephew's wedding, I came down with Covid.  It's definitely taken a tole, but I'm recovering.  
We have a wonderful Photo Inspiration for Time Out Challenge #262.  My friend, Kim Heggins of Running Stitch Design, is a talented seamstress, as well as cardmaker.  We actually met in person some years ago.  Kim made a darling bag to inspire us and it's the prize!  
I knew I had some doggy printed paper in my stash, but I didn't know I had this wonderful sheet by BasicGrey!  A friend of mine recently adopted a 9 month old puppy, so I made her this card.
I found the right shade of red and brown cardstock in another box of solid colored cardstock I'd forgotten about.  I am drowning in paper--haha!  Really didn't want to cover up the darling paper.  I simply added the 1994 woodblock sentiment, some twine and a little wooden heart colored with a Copic and covered with glaze.
The lady I sent this to is one of my non-cardmaking friends who actually loves to get my cards.  I always enjoy making cards, but it's even more fun when you know they'll be appreciated.  All the challenge details and inspiration from my teammates and our Guest Designer can be found on the blog.
I'm entering SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

16 comments:

  1. You poor thing! Glad you are getting over your COVID. Love the gorgeous paper you found for this fabulous card. It's the perfect card based on the inspiration pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you got the dreaded virus Greta, hope it doesn't hang around too long. Adorable doggy papers and sentiment.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - sorry you were sick, Greta!! I still have lingering symptoms almost a month later! Just love your sweet doggy card!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Greta, I am so sorry to hear you got covid. Even in its milder forms it still packs a punch. Rest as much as you need to. It can hang around. YOur card is adorable, those pups are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you have been poorly. That is no fun. Hope you will soon be 100% again. What a great card for someone with a new dog, bet she loved it and how wonderful to find those surprises in your stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dreaded Covid, is still around and making people ill, even with jabs. I hope you're feeling better now Greta. Love this card, I'm sure your friend loved it too. Yes! It is good to know your work is appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paper perfection! Thanks for having me as GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like many of us have been down with similar things. Hope you have got your strength back, Greta. Wow, I am sure this paper was hiding to be used for this challenge. Just pawfect! also the sentiment.- 1994? is the year you got it?? Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Greta! Love the layout and that lovely DP and that cute little sentiment! The little wooden heart and twine just finish it perfectly! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that you came down with Covid, Greta! I hope you are feeling better. A friend of mine went to a wedding and continues to be down with a respiratory infection. It's no fun not feeling your best. Your pup card is darling. How sweet to send it to your friend! I'm sure it will be appreciated. Take care, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card for your friend, Greta! Perfect take on the cute inspiration bag and I know your friend loved recieving it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The patterned paper is ideal for the inspiration and the sentiment is perfect too! I am sure your friend will love this card! I hope you're feeling better. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky to have such wonderful doggy paper for your card Greta!! Such a clever design! I love it! I'm so pleased to hear you are getting better. I trust it continues. I hope you have a lovely week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's hoping you feel better each and every day! Your card is adorable. I used to by BasicGrey 6x6 pads all the time when Archivers was in business. Sure do miss that store!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bag is adorable and I love that paper. Rest and get over this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.