Friday, December 22, 2023

Pinkfresh, Memory Box, Altenew

My card for Pinkfresh December Holiday Vibes challenge is made with PFS Delicate Wreath stamped in CN9 Evergreen ink.  I never get tired of using this wonderful wreath image!
I dry embossed the panel with SSS Leaf Tumble folder & added dots of Star Dust Stickles to the wreath. 
Vellum was layered over white cardstock for the sentiment shadow from PFS Classic Holiday Words.  It's amazing what a big difference that made, compared to just using white cardstock.  Fresh, clean look--one of my favorite cards this year.  Hopefully, the recipient likes it, too.  I'm also entering Christmas Kickstart.
I entered the Memory Box Patterned Paper challenge via IG.  Thought you might like to see my card.  
Cecile Ribon is one of my favorite designers.  Her recent cards using small diecuts inspired me to get out my old Memory Box Paper Angel.  I die cut her from silver shimmer paper & from an old favorite MME paper pad called Merry Little Christmas.  
Vellum was used for the face, the wings were brushed with shimmer & both her gown & wings were covered in Nuvo Glaze. There's a short video in my IG post that show the shimmer & shine a lot better than the picture.  The wreath from PTI A Wreath for All Seasons was stamped multiple times in Soft Stone to get the intensity I wanted.  My gray inks ( I have many!) were all too dark.  The little branches are Impression Obsession.
My last card is for the Altenew Year in Review challenge.  I didn't get a card entered for the September challenge, as I didn't like my attempt using the colors.
My first try this time wasn't good either, but I turned over the panel I'd embossed with Altenew Floral Acanthus folder.  The debossed side is beautiful!  I cut it down & brushed on Altenew white metallic watercolor.  That was too bright for my background of candied apple over aged mahogany, spiced marmalade & fossilized amber Distress Oxides.  Decided to see how it'd look after brushing lightly with Brilliance Graphite Black.  I actually liked it better toned down & with more definition. 
Essential Sentiment Strips sentiment was die cut from black glossy cardstock, which I also used for the mat.  CN9 black enamel dots finish it off.  I'm also entering SSS WednesdaySnippets Playground (used white & black glossy cardstock scraps) Die Cut Divas & Word Art Wednesday.

Wishing everyone a lovely Christmas.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, Great! That sweet little polka dot angel is my favorite! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Greta. Great perseverance on your last one. It turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely trio of cards Greta. That little angel looks really sweet.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground with the colourful anniversary card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully crafted as always Greta. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 of these cards look so festive for Christmas and I'm especially fond of that dear little angel. The embossed panel on the last card is simply amazing! Merry Christmas to you and yours - may it be one of your best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Greta - and of course I adore your snippets card. Isn't that Altenew sentiments die wonderful - I have and really love the set!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards. I especially like the last one with the ink blending and embossing. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three beauties, Greta! I love the delicate wreath with embossing on card one, the sweet angel on card two and the debossed acanthus on card three! Thanks for sharing the latter on Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful selection of cards, Greta! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. another lovely collection of cards, greta. you always create such pretty cards with that wreath stamp and it looks amazing paired up with the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards and I really like your last card, something a bit different and stricking. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our December challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards!! Love that first one, the wreath is on the side! Thanks for linking up to our December challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love how you enhanced the debossed side of the panel. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your win at Die cut divas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.