Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Birthdays and Christmas

Sometimes I make wintry themed cards for December birthdays, but here's one that looks more summery. 
Thought my friend might enjoy a break from the weather--in a card, at least!  I gold embossed Alex Syberia's Spring Garden & used the coloring stencils with PTI Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Honey Nut, Simply Chartreuse & Ripe Avocado.  The PTI Essential Sentiments word fit perfectly.  I made the card from PTI Classic Kraft & splattered with gold Gansai Tambi watercolor.
I like the softness from the kraft & the Altenew matte gold sequins.  Fun to get a different look from the same stamp by changing colors.  I'm entering Die Cut Divas & The Flower Challenge
My hubby's birthday is also in December & I knew I wanted to use SSS Forest Border embossing folder.  I started by inking a panel in DO prize ribbon, lucky clover & vintage photo.  After using the folder, I lightly rubbed the raised edges with white pigment ink & heat embossed with WOW White Twinkle powder. 
You can see the beautiful sparkle in the short video below or in my IG post.
I added TH Snowfall Grit Paste to the bottom of the panel & splattered white gouache.  The Uniko sentiment was double embossed on vellum with Versafine Clair Blue Belle & clear ep.   I really like how the blue frame makes the tree panel stand out & hubby loves his "fancy" card.  I'm entering Time Out & Inkspirational.
I fell in love with Poppystamps Pine Needle Shoots die as soon as I saw a wreath made with it.  I wanted to put my own spin on it & this is what I came up with. 
I die cut the one piece die with 5 shoots from 2 shades of green cardstock.  All but the smallest diecuts were arranged on a PTI Twig Wreath die cut from brown cardstock.  The little red dots were in my stash. 
I stamped HA sentiment on a Memory Box white woodgrain panel using Versafine Clair Nocturne.  Turned out to be one of my favorite cards!  I'm entering Poppystamps Cool Yule, Christmas Kickstart & TTTC238 using December Holiday/Winter Foliage/Red or Green.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.




18 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Greta. All three are absolutely beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful birthday cards, Greta! Happy Birthday to your hubby! I love your beautiful Christmas wreath! I need to remember that idea for the Poppy dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely trio Greta, I think pretty flowers will go down very well for a Winter Birthday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of your 3 cards turned out wonderful - and I'm loving all the sparkle on those trees for your hubby's birthday card. NJ on all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three lovely cards, Greta. I love the colors you used on your time Out creation, and the sparkle you added is very effective. Thanks for the video that makes it easy to see. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out. Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your floral card is just lovely! Love the color theme. All three cards are so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Greta! Your lovely wreath card is a stunner and so beautifully made. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful set of cards, but you know I'm a little more partial to the first one. Thank you so much, sweet friend, for sending it to me for my birthday! Steve's card is so perfectly masculine and the wreath you created for the third card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely collection of cards, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are all so beautifully done, Greta. Thanks for sharing the lovely yellow flowers with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards and I love the sparkly trees against the blended background. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty, Greta. The shine is awesome and that pine needle wreath is stunning but looks like it could be painful too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All three cards a beautifully done. I also love the first card's softness. Sparkling/glitter cards a difficult to photograph. you did a great job. I can almost smell the pine in the wreath card.

    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards, Greta! I too love the gold with the kraft and soft yellow, it's stunning! Thanks for playing again at the Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards! Lovely flowers on your card for your entry to the Die Cut Divas challenge. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge of using flowers in your project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, Greta. Love each one of them. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greta that wreath is out of this world! I love all the little needles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are gorgeous! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.