Friday, July 29, 2022

More Christmas in July

I made 2 more cards before Christmas in July comes to an end.  First is a card using the wonderful Elizabeth Craft Designs set called Festive Glow.  
I began by using the Honey Bee Radiant Circle stencil with light molding paste & fine glitter.  All the pieces of the die set were cut from white cardstock scraps.  I used 2 of my new WOW embossing powders, Persian Indigo & BEE Kind, for the purple & teal pieces.  The white ones are embossed in Hero Arts Sparkle ep.  
I inked the flame & the sentiment & covered them with Shimmer Pico Embellisher.  The word is trimmed from Stamplorations Peace Love Joy die cut.  Lots of beautiful sparkle when you move this card in the light.  I'm entering DCD & Rudolph Days.
My other card is totally opposite!  I wanted a peaceful look, so blended DO bundled sage, speckled egg, pumice stone & a bit of vintage photo. 
After it was dry, I embossed it with SSS Pine Bouquet folder I got for a couple dollars in their Christmas sale.  What a deal!  I brushed on additional ink using the same colors to add definition & make the pinecones brown.  This time I used the entire Stamplorations sentiment die with brown cardstock blended with vintage photo.  
The die cuts were stacked 3 high, brushed with a shimmer pen & covered in Nuvo Glaze.  I added Stardust Stickles to the little flower centers.  Very non-traditional color combo for Christmas, but I like it.  I'm entering Let's Squash It, CAS, WAW & SSS Wednesday
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


14 comments:

  1. Two perfectly lovely cards for your Christmas card stash! The sparkle on the first one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi greta,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a very wonderful cards and their designs look so brilliantly created.
    Love the candle one and the lovely glitz is gorgeous.
    Your second one has a lovely colour to it from your inking of that embossing folder.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially like the first one Greta, the way you used the embossing folder behind he candle, maybe all part of a set?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Greta. Love the beautiful candle card (thanks for sharing with us at Die Cut Divas) and love the CAS look to your second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta, both cards will be bringing joy to their recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such Gorgeous card Greta, love the embossing and the beautiful simplicity of them.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celebrating Christmas in July with you, Greta - just love both cards! That candle is amazing with all the gorgeous details! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas! And I love the CAS with the embossing around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That candle is beautiful. The card just sparkles. I like the soft blending on your second card. What a bargain for the embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards!! That candle looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to our July challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The candle looks amazing with all the sparkle and tiny bow, and I really like the CAS card created in gold and white too! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards Greta. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely set of Christmas cards, Greta. Loving the sparkly candle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards. The candle is just beautiful. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas Christmas for our July Challenge of "Christmas in July"

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both so pretty. The pine branches are a lovely embossing folder. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.