Saturday, July 16, 2022

Floral Cards

Love SSS Dreamy Daisy Layers & here's the first card I made which I posted on IG & Flickr.  The coloring was done with a pink Copic, the background is SSS Refracted folder splattered with DO worn lipstick mixed with white metallic watercolor & the sentiment is MB.

I had a leftover pink daisy, so die cut a couple more to color with a blue & a purple Copic.  The bottom layers are covered in Stardust Stickles.  The background is Trinity Stamps Dainty Scallop Edge Mini Slimline diecuts attached to a light gray panel using SSS Micro Dot Sheets.  Such a great way to add adhesive to intricate diecuts! 
The other adhesive dot sheets I bought a few years ago are so strong they tear delicate diecuts.  The SSS dots are repositionable at first, so I was able to move the diecuts around until they were straight.  I'm definitely going to always have these sheets on hand!  
I added some of the small daisy top layers diecut from vellum, along with sparkling sequins.  The sentiment is from the Altenew Essential Sentiment Strips die set.  I'm entering SSS Monday & TTTC 170 using BD, Flowers, Sequins.
My final card is for the Pinkfresh Studio July Challenge, SSS Monday & The Flower Challenge.  I've been wanting to use PFS Sweet Friend Floral stamp, die & stencils set.  I'd only used a sentiment until now.
Unlike my first time using the PFS butterflies set, this time I remembered to use the stencils before diecutting the panel with all the images!  The inks I used are Lawn Fawn ballet slippers & peach fuzz, Hero Arts Moss, Altenew Fresh Leaf and PTI Bright Buttercup & Harvest Gold.   I used Stampendous Moonstone ep for the flowers & the sentiment. 
PFS Blanket Stitched Rectangle die was embossed into a panel of beige shimmer cardstock.  The sentiment strip & top flowers were attached with foam tape & I added yellow Stickles, a white crochet thread bow & matte pinkish sequins.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



10 comments:

  1. Those Daisies sit so elegantly on the embossed background Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trio of prettiness, Greta! The last one is my favorite. You've reminded me I need to ink the PFS set up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful set of cards, Greta. The daisy die cuts are so perfectly showcased on the first two cards. Love the sweet cluster of flowers on the third card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome card Greta. Just love the way you did the embossing on your final one. Looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely trio of floral cards, Greta!! Especially love the mini slim with the mix of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I adore the daisy cuts on the embossed backgrounds. Truly standout cards. The blanket stitched border is gorgeous too. I couldn't really choose a favourite. They are all totally lovely. I've finally been caught by the dreaded CV and have been in bed for four days. My Dr assures me I would be feeling much more wretched without the four inoculations. Covid is really ramping up again here in our Sate. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, Greta. The daisies are very eyecatching, and the doubled frame is fab on your third card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning work on all 3 Greta, love the florals and the embossing.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three really lovely cards Greta, you have used embossing very well on all three. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Greta! The contemporary die you used for your cards is one I haven't seen, and I love it's open sweet shapes. Almost like bursts of joy. And the ef on the first card is the perfect match! How fun is that mini slimline... don't you love leftovers put to good use! 3 beauties, my friend! So glad you played along at the Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.