Sunday, July 24, 2022

Christmas and Friendship

Finally came up with a card for Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge #7, Stars.  The cute little teacup was a freebie from Trinity Stamps.  
I inked the outline in CN9 Clover & stamped the GKD tiny star in PTI Pure Poppy.  I also inked the pieces in Pure Poppy.  The plaid background was made with Altenew Beach Towel Stripes stencil using the same inks, but kept light.  Looks much better in person than in the pictures. 
The W&W sentiment is black embossed & I randomly stamped the GKD snowflake in Delicata Silvery Shimmer.  I added red & silver Stickles & a silver metallic mat.  I'm also entering DCD.
I made another pink card for SSS Flickr Challenge 201.  SSS Anna's Flowers is one of my favorite sets.  I used Distress Oxide spun sugar & Delicata Silvery Shimmer.  
The dry embossing was done with SSS Square Dance Stencil & what a difference it makes--love it!  Sorry I just couldn't get decent pictures, but it's so pretty in person.  
The sentiment is SSS Painted Hugs stacked 3 high with the bottom layer inked in spun sugar, the middle white cardstock & the top silver metallic cardstock.  The splatters are pewter Distress Stain.  I tied on a white crochet bow & added a silver gem.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


10 comments:

  1. I like the pastel backgrounds you've created for both of your lovely cards, Greta! The softness of the plaid is just marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the softness of the pastel backgrounds Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, Greta. I love the delicate backgrounds you’ve created. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. two very pretty cards Greta. Love the cups - happy to have you join us at Die Cut Divas - and love the soft pastels of the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have my Christmas cocoa out of a cup like this! So pretty and fun. Those soft splatters are awesome and I love the silver hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you made that plaid background with a stencil and the lovely soft colours. It looks fabulous. Your second card is another great use for the stencil. I love the embossed look on the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That teacup card is fab with the soft plaid background. YOur sweet pink flowers card is pure Greta. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these! So beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet set of cards, greta. those little tea cups are so cute. love the soft pinks on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the three cups with stars. Such fun. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas Christmas for our July Challenge of "Christmas in July" and always using a die cut or embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.