Sunday, July 10, 2022

Couple Cards

I finally got my idea to work for FMS, but just can't get a decent picture.  The embossed panel is hard to see, but is a pretty foliage design.  I borrowed it from one of the gals at the craft retreat.  
Ellen Hutson Hex Frames were die cut from silver cardstock & the solid section was mounted with fun foam.  The little branches are Alexandra Renke Myrtella die cuts covered in the beautiful WOW Sparkles Santorini, Ice Pop & Peachy Keen glitter.  Can't get enough of these glitters!  
The flower is Poppystamps Layered Lovely Flowers covered in the same glitters.  Love the little alpha stickers for a sentiment & finished with a black enamel dot.  I covered white cardstock scraps with double sided adhesive for the glittered die cuts.  Makes adding glitter so easy.
Next is the card I made for DRU & ABNH.  I started with a watercolor panel & brushed on 3 Altenew Metallic Watercolors.  They have a wonderful shimmer in person. 
Hero Arts border die was cut from heavy vellum & Poppystamps Happy Birthday Poe Script from silver glitter tape attached to cardstock.  I added pewter Distress Stain splatters, silver metallic thread & some clear gems. 
Lots of shimmer & sparkle in person.  I'm sending this one for a 1/2 birthday since I forgot to send a card in January 🙁 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



14 comments:

  1. It's been a while Greta (MS flare up) but nice to pop by and see your work which is always an inspiration.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two super cards, Greta. I love the CAS design on your first card, with all the sparkle. The background on your second card is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Those glittery leaves and flower are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Greta. I love the muted tones with a touch of sparkle. I share you frustration when the camera doesn't quite pick up the lovely shimmer and texture of the cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two beautiful cards Greta. Love the glitter florals on the first and the gorgeous metallic background on your second one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What superb cards Greta, love your first with the hexagon and the glitter, your second so delicate with the vellum and pretty colours.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards and such shine and sparkle. I have purchased nine Alexandra Renke dies and I love the way you used this one. I like the metallic look on your second card and that border is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. two beauties, Greta - especially love the first one - so pretty with all that shine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty cards! I can see the texture! Thank you for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the sparkle and shine on your lovely cards! Love the metallic background and colorful sparkle on the first card, so pretty! And, second card is lovely with soft color and very artsy! Great cards as always, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the sparkle and shine on these beautiful cards, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my dear friend... Finaly got around to visiting. It's alwys a pleasure to see your beautiful creations. I've just not been up to blogging as you are aware. Thank you for all your kind words, I wish you were here too and we could really chat and hug. Sending love ...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards, Greta! I like the fancy border along the top of the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that shiny hexagon and sparkly flowers on your first card. What a great effect xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.