Sunday, July 31, 2022

Goodbye to July

Wish we were saying gooodbye to the heat as well as to July!  At least we may be a little cooler this week.  We're grateful for our health, air conditioning & no fires close to us.  So many people suffering these days.
Need to get some cards into galleries before the challenges close.  Here's one I made at the first of the month.  Still hasn't arrived at it's location, but want to enter it into Gina K's Monthly Mix Challenge where the theme is black & white with a splash of one color.  Naturally I used pink--haha! 
Think this is the first time I was able to easily use my MISTI to stamp an image repeatedly in rows--so fun!  I used GKD A Happy Hello stamp set.  For some reason, I seldom think to put a sentiment in a circle.  Gina often does that & it was just what I needed for this card.  Always interesting what a big difference a small thing can make, like adding the tiny black dots to the pink flowers.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Next is my entry for Altenew's July Inspiration Challenge.  I used one of my beautiful older floral sets called Majestic Bloom.  I often have trouble lining up layers, but these images seem to be easier for me & they're pretty forgiving.  
The blue inks are PTI Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening & Dark Indigo.  The green inks are Altenew Sweet Leaf & Just Green, plus Memento Cottage Ivy.  I used white cardstock with the Dotted Swirls Debossing plate & then brushed on DO fossilized amber.  
The sentiment from Essential Sentiment Strips die set is popped up.  Hard to see, but I splattered white gauche on the bloom & leaves & added an extra layer to the bloom for a bit of dimension.  Finished off with matte gold sequins.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.  

My last card is for TTTC 172 with a board designed by my good friend, Betty.  I decided to use Butterfly/Die Cut/Sentiment.  Really love my Taylored Expressions Modern Eucalyptus kit.  I stenciled Distress Oxides vintage photo, pumice stone, salvaged patina & cracked pistachio.
The butterfly is from MFT Brilliant Butterflies.  This time I began by painting the die cut with Altenew Metallic watercolors & then black embossed the detail image & the body.  I attached a vellum shadow & added silver Pico Embellisher to the design & the shadow. 
Really love the sentiments in the kit with the delicate font.  I splattered the blue watercolor & pewter Distress Stain.  Finished with the tiny GKD black hearts.  My sister loves butterflies & the color blue, so this one's for her & her hubby.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. Wow Greta, you made some fantastic cards! I guess I don't take the time to find challenges, just make cards for the fun of it. Well done my friend! Keep cool! good time to just get inky! Too hot outside to do anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant cards, Greta. All so different, but my favourite is the first one. I love the colour combination. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! That's a good way to stay inside and keep cool! Three fabulous cards today. I think the first one is my favorite. Something about those cute little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful collection of cards! I love the black and white with a pop of pink---not a color I often choose for challenges like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three gorgeous cards, Greta - especially love the repeated stamping one - so fun with the pop of pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three lovely cards, Greta. Each is so unique. The third one has really captured my attention, tho. Love the softly stenciled ecalyptus with the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three lovely card Greta, like Liz the first is my fav, it's the colour palette that appeals.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta, I am loving all three of these beauties. The round sentiment is definitely something that stands out nicely and coordinates with the roundishness of the blooms. You've really captured the colors on the second challenge with your majestic bloom. The butterfly card is perfectly composed with that softly delicate partial wreath. I can't pick a favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous cards Greta. Great finish to July. They are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you addressed the fires because I've been worried about them being close to you. They are terrifying. All three cards are beautiful. I think my favorite is the eucalyptus with those soft stenciled colors but it is hard to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the variety this week in your projects! My favorite is the last one with its soft colors, design, and that fun butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Greta! All the cards turned out great! I love your Gina card with the perfect pops of pink! Thanks for playing in the July MM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A trio of great cards and all very different. I think my favourite is the one for the card chain challenge. Love the contrast and the pink xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Theee lovely cards Greta, love the finishing touch of the black flower centres on the CCC one and those tiny black hearts are perfect for drawing the eye to the sentiment on the last one, love the eucalyptus spray on that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Greta,p, Hope you’re well and not too hot! What a gorgeous array of cards you made. I’m going to focus on the one inspired by Betty’s board: I love that vibrant butterfly sitting with those delicate sprays that form the semi-wreath. Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful collection of cards Greta - I love the detail on the butterfly and the placement on the wreath. A beautiful anniversary card. Thanks for playing along over at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.