Wednesday, March 10, 2021

I'm Back!

Boy have I gotten lazy!  So much quicker for me to post cards on IG for challenges, so that's what I've been doing.  But I don't want to loose you, my blog friends!  Here are a few cards.
First is my last minute entry for TTTC103, SSS Monday, SSS Wednesday & Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes challenges.  I need some masculine birthday cards, so I used the bottom horizontal row (Green, Ink Smooshing, Dry Embossing) from the TTT board.  Just realized the tan looks like part of the card, but it isn't. 
The smooshed inks are Distress Oxides twisted citron, cracked pistachio & rustic wilderness.  After the panel was dry I stamped Stamplorations Leafy images in Versafine Clair Acorn.  The sentiment from an old Neat & Tangled set was stamped in Rustic Wilderness first & then Acorn to make it darker.  I dry embossed with We R Memory Keepers Geometric folder & added some brown Zig splatters.
I had fun mixing & matching elements for 2 Easter cards using SSS Bright Blossoms & Frames dies.  I found this beautiful springy green cardstock in my stash.  It's a lot brighter in person.
I die cut the blossoms from heavy weight vellum & from white cardstock.  The vellum pieces were put back into place in the white outline & vice versa.  For the green card I attached the die cut on top of the panel & for the white card I inlaid it.  I added another layer of the white cardstock inner pieces & brushed them with a shimmer pen. 
The sentiments were stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  The one on the green card is Impression Obsession & the other one is TPC Studio.  I'm entering SSS Flickr 170.
My username on IG is ggnursecreations, in case you want to see some more of my cards.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,
I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards Greta. I've missed seeing all your beautiful cards. These are all stunners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, have missed you, haven’t mastered IG sadly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been awhile since I stopped by. Glad I did. Love the cards.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous trio of cards Greta. I especially love the vellum outline with the white inserts. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the cards are beautiful. I love the quilted card and smooshed colors. The inlaid is just gorgeous, Greta. I know IG is faster and easier but I would sure miss you if you weren't blogging anymore. It is the personal touch I like and the sharing. I do like how easy it is to scroll through cards on IG and see everything at once. It's like going from phone calls to email. No more personal interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely selection of designs Greta. I am so enjoying the dry weather.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your cards are so wonderful and well designed. I really like the white on white one. The switch to a more shimmer really is beautiful on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your cards are beautiful Greta. I love the DOX colours you used. Swapping the inserts between the blooms of your white cards creates interest. I must learn how to use IG too - hmmm Have been saying that for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you're still sharing here too, Greta! These are all wonderful. I like the quilted texture on the first one and the beautiful simplicity of the last two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All gorgeous cards, Greta! A lovely geometric designed background on the first card in lovely color! And, your last two cards are stunning!! Love the mint green color and beautiful shine on the white one! I see your cards on IG, but also enjoy visiting your blog, too! Have a great weekend, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, so you've been doing more over at IG. Thank you for popping back here, Greta, and sharing with us, too. Each card is beautiful! Love your eye for design! I hope you are keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. On the first card I like the design of the background very, great, how you used the Distress Oxides. The other cards are beautifully crafted in the CAS style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful set of cards Greta, your usually so prolific I was wondering where you were. IG? never heard of it and wouldn't even know where to start, so I'm very glad I can see you here.
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards!! I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had noticed you posting on IG and not on here. I find that once I have done a blog post I can't be bothered to share on IG, it is all so time consuming! Love these cards the background on your first card is stunning and the second 2 are so elegant and stylish, brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing set of cards, greta! you are so good at ink smooshed backgrounds! the background you created for the first card is beautiful! love the soft, delicate look of the second cards... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two very different card Greta, the grid lines on the first are so very effective and the sparkle on the wow card really striking. I do have an IG account but afraid not active on it as it's all too small for my eyes, so my phone gets used for essentials only.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love that top card for a male. I struggle no end in coming up with a suitable design. Hope your safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous set of cards, Greta - glad you're back!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.