Saturday, February 27, 2021

Christmas, Love, Thinking of You

Hubby & I both got our first vaccine doses.  I got Pfizer & he got Moderna.  Neither of us has had any side effects so far, except that his arm was sore for a day.  We're grateful to be in a small town with appointments going pretty smoothly.  I did have to stand in line about an hour & was so lucky it wasn't a rainy day.  Hubby went early on his day & no line at all.  No matter what, it's worth it!
Here's a Christmas card I made last year & never posted.  I used Lumberjack Days embossing folder along with PTI Spruce & Sprigs, Shape Shifters: Circle 3 & Botanical Blocks IV. 
I stamped & die cut the foliage in PTI inks & added glitter glue to the berries.  I tied the die cuts together with a white crochet bow & added some clear dots.  
I'm entering Rudolph Days & SSS Wednesday
Next is a card with a heart embossed vellum panel using TE Swiss Hearts ef.  I used an old Gelly Roll glitter gel pen to color some of the hearts--so pretty in person.  
Thanks to my friend Rosemary's inspiration, I die cut 2 AJVD hearts to make an open heart from silver glitter paper.  Then I stacked the PTI love die cut 4 high & double white embossed it.  I also stacked the hearts & colored the top one with the same pen. 
Then I put it in place, but left it slightly above the level of the word.  This might work for hubby's granddaughter's wedding card.  I entered Let's Squash It & SSS Wednesday via IG.

My final card was inspired by one on IG made by my friend, Ivana.  Her new company's grand opening is March 1 & I love the sneak peek card with a floral frame.  My version looks very different, but it does have die cut images framing a sentiment.  
I have a pack of PTI Fine Linen cardstock that I've barely used, so cut a panel & stamped ITP Nifty Plaid in Fresh Linen ink.  I moved the paper slightly & restamped, purposely not completely inking the stamp.  The blooms & leaves from PTI Garden Gild were die cut from Bristol & watercolored with Zigs.  The sentiment was stamped in Fine Linen several times & then in Versamark so I could clear emboss it.  
Love the ITP Essential Sentiments stamp set & coordinating dies.  I attached some fine, gold thread behind the sentiment before attaching it to the panel & added Shimmer Pico Embellisher dots to the flower centers.  Think I'll put an Easter greeting on the inside.  I'm entering ITP PTI Thinking of You Challenge & SSS Wednesday.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


25 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Greta. The Love card is my favourite. It is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You show us three beautiful and very delicate cards today. I can't name a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Greta, anything to get that jab, it's only a small step but seems positive.

    A lovely display today, a pretty design to the first, the second very elegant and the third a real feel of Spring.

    Thanks for the pen info, I have been looking for Tombo's as I remember them from years ago but they seem impossible to source in the UK.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm so glad to hear you both got your first vaccines, Greta! Kevin and I got both types, as well. With the second jab, he had 12 hours of muscle and joint pain (Pfizer) and I had no reaction at all. As you say, whatever, it's all worth it. I actually drove myself to the hair salon yesterday! After not driving for a year, I wasn't sure I would remember how, lol, but apparently it's like riding a bike. First thing I noticed: Covid has not helped people become better drivers!

    Your three beautiful designs are starting my day off right! Each one is prettier than the next! That Love care is really exquisite and perfect for the wedding. Take care and continue to keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another three great cards. I am so glad you have had your first jab, it definitely makes you feel a bit more positive but we still have such a long way to go yet. I really love those sparkle pens too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three wonderful cards that covered a lot of ground. The Christmas card is so pretty and the wedding card is awesome. I love heart cards and you nailed this one. The final card just brought spring in just in time for March. It is lovely with those soft pastel colors. I'm so glad you both got your vaccine. I'm proud of everyone that is stepping up to get their shots. We have to get rid of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always seem to say this, but it is so true... another beautiful set of cards, greta! each one so unique and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always say the same thing too - LOL. Three beauties, Greta - love them all but especially the heart one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you got your vaccine. I got mine too, early January, because of all the volunteering I did at my local hospital. Who knew how lucky that would have made me? Anyway, I came over to say hi and tell you how pretty your PTI card is, and to say that it is nice to play alongside you again at this challenge. Your other cards are lovely as well, and I am going to check out your friend's IG to check out her new company.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely selection of cards Greta. Great that you have been able to have your first jab with no issues. We are well off receiving ours. At the moment only those working at the border have had them and then I think when the next batch come in some of the frontline health workers will receive theirs with the border workers getting their second jab. I can't see the rest of us getting them until at least the middle of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three wonderful cards, Greta! Each one as lovely as the next. So happy you've had round one and no side effects! We're still waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you've both gotten round one. We hope to in the next month or two. YOur three cards are each lovely. I am especially drawn to the flower card...no surprise there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous collection of cards Greta, especially the Christmas card. Thank you for joining in the fun at the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

    Sue xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely selections of design Greta. Great news on getting your first dose.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to hear that you've had your vaccines without too much bother. We are still waiting here, but more than happy to wait for the first responders to have theirs first. I love the delicate Christmas card; the white die cut is such a pretty shape. Great idea to highlight some of the little hearts in pink. The blooms and leaves look charming in watercolour inks. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy that you gt the vaccine! We have it done by appointment system so there is no waiting about.
    Your cards are gorgeous as always but I especially love the first one.. Take care and have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Greta, you are so creative, so many beautiful styles and techniques, these are Gorgeous cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply delightful and thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days February Challenge, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. three lovely cards, Greta - my fave is the last one - wonderful color combo. my shots went smoothly too - no after effects from either one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three gorgeous cards, Greta! Happy to hear that you got your vaccine! We are still waiting for our turn. I’m especially drawn to your second card! It is perfect...just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous trio of sweet cards! I love your Christmas, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Three really pretty cards Greta with fabulous designs x. I am so glad you've both had the vaccination x. Whatever it takes it is so worth it....DH has had his and I wont be far behind x.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can never remember where I've commented on your cards but apparently it was IG. Each of your cards is filled with fun details and will bring lots of joy. Yippee for the injection! I get my first tomorrow and Jim next Tuesday! At last, right?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how wonderful, Greta!! So very glad you're both well on your way to getting protection from this virus. We're just starting to unroll vaccination here, so it will be a bit longer for us, but are all so eager. Very glad to know you had no serious side effects, too! Your cards are all stunning and have me itching to pull out Christmas goodies! lol I cannot wait to have a little 'free' crafting session soon, I've missed getting to play! Sending you the biggest hugs, my dear friend, and biggest thank you for all of your support and love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.