Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Simon Says Stamp & Newton's Nook

I always love making cards, but now more than ever.  One of my favorite designs is to ink blend a masked area & then stamp images. 
Most of the time I used solid images, but I really like the look of these beautiful gold embossed SSS Spring Flowers bloom & leaves.  I blended Distress Oxide candied apple, abandoned coral & spiced marmalade.

The sentiment is from SSS Thoughtful Messages & I added tiny splatters with Distress Stain tarnished brass.  I'm entering AAA.

Next is a friendship card made with Newton's Nook Blooming Botanicals.  I black embossed the image & then added a touch of watercolor to each bloom & leaf using a variety of Zigs.
After the panel was die cut into an oval, I spritzed with shimmer mist--so pretty in person!  I die cut pink, white & black cardstock with MFT Stitched Oval Scallop Frames.  In the end I decided on pink for the scalloped frame inlaid with the black center piece.
The sentiment was black embossed on a double vellum strip & I mounted the panel with fun foam.
I'm entering Inky Paws Challenge & WAW.
Grab our badge:
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



22 comments:

  1. Both very pretty but the first really is a stunner, the gold over the soft inked panel is beautiful.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adorable and sweet cards just loving these colours too...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two marvelous cards Greta! The first has the softest whisper of elegance and the second is simply delightful with al of those pretty flowers1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, Greta! Just love the gold embossed flower over the masked stripe on card one and the delicate coloring on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first card's subtle embossing. and love the oval cut on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are so pretty Greta but the first one is fabulous and absolutely stunning x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set of cards, Greta! Your ink blending is fabulous with the gold embossing! Love the sweetly simple watercoloring on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. two beautiful cards, Greta but really love the first one - the design, colors and the gold are all so gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful cards, Greta. I love the elegant look of the first card, the stamp looks great against the blended panel. Your second card is so pretty, I love the delicate colouring of the lovely image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two pretty cards Greta; both lovely and I wouldn't be able to choose a favourite. The elegant simplicity of the first provides great competition for the soft florals of the second. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful cards Greta. I really love the elegance and simplicity of your first card and the gorgeous floral oval is so pretty on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are gorgeous but that first one is so elegant and stunning... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both scrumptious goodies Greta.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow....your water colored flowers are so beautiful! What a fabulous way to make the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The softness of your flowers! A very pretty card! So glad you shared your talents with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully stylish and elegant, love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards 6th birthday challenge. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, such lovely cards, Greta! Perfect elegance on your first cards that you always do so well! And, second card is so pretty with the colorful flowers! Love the black that surrounds the flowers, which really make them pop! Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The first ink-blended card is exceptional, Greta with its elegance and simplicity combined. The second more whimsical and fun. Good job on inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pops of color on your card for Inky Paws! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in love with that soft pink and gold card and if it's okay, I would like to CAS it in the future. The watercolor of some of the flowers is just so beautiful and I like how you framed it on the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.