Sunday, June 28, 2020

A Few More Cards

I apologize for not keeping up on your blogs.  I certainly do appreciate your friendship, but right now spending time on the computer is more challenging than usual for me.  I'm using IG more & more to enter challenges--so much faster.
I recently gave in to the slimline craze & ordered the Slim Braided Circles die from PFS.  You can cut off the 3rd circle for a smaller card & I like that versatility.  That order also included the Color Block Stripes die.  I combined the new products with my favorite Dainty Blossoms dies & Delicate Wreath stamp set to make a card for the PFS June Challenge & SSS Wednesday.
The stripes & blossom die cuts were inked with DO fossilized amber, shaded lilac & twisted citron.
Here's a simple one layer card for a male family member dealing with very difficult medical issues.  I used a favorite design:  ink blend a masked strip & then stamp solid images that extend beyond the strip.  
The inks are DI festive berries, spiced marmalade & scattered straw.  I stamped the leaves & sentiment from the 2010 HA Leaf Prints in Versafine Clair Pinecone.  Splatters are done with a brown Zig.  I entered Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge #11 & SSS Wednesday.
Had to use my other new PFS product: Nested Diamond pop out stamp.  I used PTI inks Pure Poppy, Lovely Lady, Harvest Gold, Blueberry Sky & Enchanted Evening.  
I cut out the center with my craft knife so I could pop the panel up on a card with the sentiment from PFS Delicate Wreath.  The stems from PFS Dainty Blossoms were covered in Stickles & I added a crochet thread bow & Pico Embellisher white dots.  
May end up "needing" some more pop out stamps--haha!  I'm entering PFS June Challenge & SSS Wednesday.
Here's the card I made with the inside pieces of the Poppystamps Dream Butterfly that were left over from This Card.  I embossed a scrap of black cardstock with the die & fussy cut making it easy to see where to glue each little piece.  Actually went pretty fast. 
Then I exposed the fun foam adhesive & pressed on holographic foil.  It looks totally different depending on the angle & light--so cool!

The card front was embossed with a Poppystamps Double Stitch Scalloped Rectangle Frame die & I stamped a sentiment from Poppystamps Friends & Flowers.  I'm entering Poppystamps June Challenge, The Snippets Playground (black scrap & left over inside pieces) & SSS Wednesday.
06-20 copySnippets Playground Badge
One last simple card to enter Rudolph Days.  I saved a card from last year I wasn't happy with.  Finally cut off the front, trimmed it down a bit, added green splatters & attached it to a red mat.  I used a clear star gel pen to add some sparkle to the branch.  
Now it's a card I can mail, so I'm glad I didn't throw it out.  The stamps are Hero Arts, I'm pretty sure.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


22 comments:

  1. Wow, Greta - you have been busy!! I saw your cool leafy one layer at Stay Crafty with Hero but didn't see a blog post. Glad you included it here since I don't do Instagram. Love the long card - so pretty in the pastels and so different from the one you sent me (which I love too). I made a card with the panel you sent but won't post until the person receives it... Love the sparkly delicate blossoms on card three but the show stopper is that butterfly - stunning!! Take care, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My late SIL and I used to make slimline cards all the time, it's nice to see them make a comeback! You've been busy, look at all of these fabulous cards. Love the shimmer on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous selection of card designs Greta. Your butterfly is stunning.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning selection and love that slimline die.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun cards Greta, You have been busy. Love them all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and thank you for sharing. The butterfly card is a stunner and the slim line design looks fabulous on your first beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy...I don't get to IG much so I am very glad you are giving us a run down and its never a bad thing to see lots of your cards in one post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have been busy, my friend! all your cards are fabulous! the butterfly is my favorite, though! that foiling is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta, I think we are all in the same boat, at least it hasn't stopped you from creating all these gorgeous cards. It is hard to get inspired some days with all the news and depressing things happening in this country. I am glad you are keeping on crafting though! I love everyone you have made, the butterfly is pretty gorgeous! Heart Hugs my friend, this too shall pass! (some day!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your slimline card and I have been debating getting some dies for making them too. I do like the one you used. All the other cards you made are fantastic and so well designed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness me you have been bust Greta, what a bumper post and not easy to select a favourite, I am however very drawn to the first both the colours and technique.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeez girl you have been productive! What a fabulous array of cards and that butterfly Wow!! It looks complicated but so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A classy CAS Xmas card & thanks for joining us at June's Rudolph Days Challenge, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your style Greta! Beautiful designs! My favorite is the first with the triple cut circles over the striped background and the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous collection of beautiful cards....but I am in love with your sweet slimline card, those colors and flowers are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! what a beautiful and great assortment of cards, love the holographic butterfly. Love each and every design.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Greta.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous CAS card Greta. Thank you for taking part in this months Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. All ytour cards are qonderful but will just comment on the Rudolph Card today, as my neck is still feeling pinched and typing is hard.

    Glad you did not throw this one away as it looks lovely now!
    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A delightful assortment of cards Greta. All unique and all lovely. I like the slim line card with the delicate colours as well as the masked Oxide strip. Simple and great for any occasion. The nested diamond card pops right off the page. I'm swooning over the shimmery butterfly and what a great save for the Christmas one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous array of cards Greta - especially your snippets entry of course :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.