Friday, June 12, 2020

Birthday, Hugs, Christmas

Usually I plan to try a new technique, but it doesn't always happen.  However, I was totally inspired by Karen Dunbrook's video on Scrape Painting.  The same day I watched the video I made 4 or 5 backgrounds & most have now been made into cards.  Here's one I sent to a male relative.
The paints are DecoArt Grape Taffy, Turquoise & Citrus Green.  The beautiful Impression Obsession sentiment & Stampendous Agapanthus Cluster are stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne.
Most of the time I don't plan out a card.  I might have a basic idea & then I pick some products & start creating.  That's how this card for ITP Melissa's Fab Friday: Sending Handmade Hugs came about.  Unfortunately, I didn't get it posted in time.
I love Melissa's emboss resist done with a background stamp, so I began by white embossing Cover Up: Diamonds.  Then I randomly sponged on Lovely Lady, Lavender Moon & Spring Rain.  The blue ended up looking almost gray, but I like it.  I added some water drops & then stamped a leafy image from ITP Bold Blooms in Lovely Lady.  The word from PTI Don't Forget to Write was die cut from a white panel & a textured pink scrap so I could inlay the pink word.  Then I stamped the words from the same set in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  Images from Bold Blooms were stamped in Lavender Moon & I added lace across the bottom.  I used a Spellbinder edge die on a strip of vellum & attached it at the top.  A scrap of the pink cardstock was glued to the card front before I attached the panel.  Finished off by tying on crochet thread.  I'm also entering WAW.     
Grab our badge:
My last card is for Christmas Kickstart where the theme is Care to Tag Along.  I die cut Altenew's Cozy Flannel cover plate from white & red cardstock months ago.
Finally I layered the 2 pieces & cut it down to fit the PTI tag die.  Then I tried 3 different images & finally found the HA holly branch from Happy Holly Days.  I'd never used the die & don't think I'd used the stamp, either.  I stamped in Memento Cottage Green & then "colored" with Stickles Holly & Christmas Red--love it!
The sentiment from HA Merriest Christmas Wishes was stamped in the same ink.  White crochet thread seems to be my favorite element these days, so I used it again here.  I'm also entering NBUS.

Grab our badge to display on your blog.
By the way, I used the new Blogger to write this post.  I didn't have any problems.  One advantage to waiting awhile to try something new!  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


23 comments:

  1. Three beauties, Greta! Wow - I've never tried scrape painting but it looks amazing! Love what you did with it on card one! Pretty pink hugs card and I love your sweet tag too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trrio of lovely cards, Greta!
    The first is a great technique. Love the black images stamped against that great background.

    The second has a sort of dreamy feeling. soft colours and lovely sentiment words.

    The last one looks great! Nice, bright colours and a great glittery stamped image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy again with these three lovelies! I'll have to check out the scrape painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that scrape painting technique. I have some acrylic paint as well so I can give it a try. Thanks for a link to the video. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun designs and colors Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three gorgeous creations, Greta. I especially love the first one, what an amazing background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card designs.you did great with Karen’s technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three beautiful cards, Greta. Thank you so much for sharing the link for the tutorial for your first card. It is a fun new technique that I am definitely going to try it! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful set of cards and tag, greta! that background on the first one is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two wonderful cards Greta, good for you to try new techniques! But I have to say the tag is my favorite. I've always loved that PTI tag die and the sparkly holly is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three simply wonderful creations!!! Love your fabulous birthday card but your hugs card steals the show, so beautiful and so very elegant!!!! Your tag is sweet too...love that die!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you've done on these three different projects. That background on the first is intriguing and the colors so cool. Your pastel sending hugs is soothing and will bring peace to the recipient. I always like seeing that Altenew flannel die and so clever to die cut it for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What variants Greta, from bright and vibrant to so soft and delicate and then traditional Christmas, all lovely.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post with stunning stamps, dies, colours and gorgeous creation.. loving all of this. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Greta what an amazing set of cards, all so different. Love your first card such a pretty colour combo. The second so feminine in pink and your third Christmas, with a great die and holly tag.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three quite different and equally inspiring cards Greta. I love the bold stokes on the first masculine card. The soft elegance in pink is completely different and beautiful. It's always lovely to use some products which have not made it to the craft desk before. Love that die. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at you trying out new things - I love it! That birthday card is just gorgeous, those colors are awesome together. A soft, sweet hugs card and I do love that tag. Great job, Greta on all three.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome collection of creations, Greta! I particularly love the middle card. I love how you built up the background layers and the colours are so soft and pretty. The twine bow finishes it off perfectly.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A delightful threefer and all very inspiring, Greta! I've heard of a new technique to me, I positively fell in love with that pink confection, and I love your classically-colored schparkly Christmas tag! A triple high five!! Keep well and thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Thanks, too, for letting us know you had no problems with the new Blogger platform. I haven't given it a try yet, so that's encouraging! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't tried the new blogger yet... I was getting problems last week with blogger so I'll see how the old one goes for now. Your cards and tag are beautiful! I love the BG on your first card... so artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Greta three fabulous creations, good to see you have been embracing your time at home. Love the scrape painting, I need to look into that and your pretty sending hugs but especially your glittery holly on your tag! Thank you joining us at Christmas Kickstart this month!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fabulous three-fer, Greta! Beautiful work as always. Thanks for joining Tracey and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy to see you exploring with new techniques! Delightful work, Greta! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.