Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Impression Obsession Watercolored BD Card

I was so glad to see a birthday theme for the Obsession Impression challenge this time.  It's been awhile since I had products to use for the theme.  However, Happy Birthday 2 was in my last order & has quickly become a favorite sentiment stamp!  Here's my second entry which also uses Spring Flowers that I watercolored with summer colors using Altenew wc markers.
I added some splatters & Stickles before attaching my panel to a black mat.  As you know, I love pink & soft colors, but this card really looks happy to me.  I hope the recipient will think so, too.
Even little moments of happiness are important as we deal with a world in turmoil.  Our governor has now ordered the wearing of masks in public, indoor places.  I can only imagine the outcry from many who say their rights are being violated.  If only we didn't accept that over 125,000 deaths in the USA is unavoidable.  Seems too many people only change their behavior if someone they love is sick or dies.  It's easy to do the right thing when it doesn't inconvenience you or require any sacrifice.  Times like this are when true character is revealed.  I hope you all stay safe.  I'm also entering Seize the Birthday.
Birthday Wishes Banner
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors and such a pretty design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful birthday card, greta! your coloring is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your sunny happy colors, Greta!! Beautiful bday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Greta, a beautiful sentiment, I can see why you love it. As for your comment about masks. It's just common sense isn't it? I wear my mask, on the rare occasion I go out, inside a shop or outside, until I get home. We have had a huge 44 or more thousand deaths in the UK, why won't people realise you can't see this virus and anyone can catch it.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors look good on your Greta, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful loose colouring and such a beautiful card Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty Greta! Love the layout and the bold sentiment! Thanks for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Greta. Beautiful design and colours. I am sure the recipient will love it.
    Please be safe, my friend. We have to wear masks when we go out of home. The virus is dangerous for the whole planet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flower design and gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Greta! Beautifully painted, balanced, and schplattered! That really is a very lilty lovely sediment and a very happy card! And well said about the importance of the masks. The chickens are coming home to roost in several places that were pooh-poohing Covid. Now we know the science has been right all along. Keep being careful and well. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very pretty and feminine floral Birthday card Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Greta. Your flower is stunning and loved the splatters and texture. Keep yourself and the family safe Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The watercoloured Birthday card really floats my boat. Love the loose painting and soft corals. That sentiment stamp is perfect with the bloom. Beautiful crafting. I agree with you about the masks. We've worn them all along, even before it was suggested, but that's probably my background kicking in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully designed and colored Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your watercolour! So so pretty Greta! You just stay safe and ignore everyone else... You can't fix stupid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.