Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day

Wishing all the mothers a very happy day, in spite of the pandemic.  This card's for all of you.
I stamped PTI Friendship Jar Flowers images in Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst & Berry Sorbet.  Thought about adding splatters, but instead just added some details with a white gel pen.  I die cut the panel with PTI Vertical Splits smaller die & used the larger one with a piece of Simply Chartreuse cardstock.  I just have a couple sheets from a sampler pack, so I cut out the middle of the die cut & filled it in with cheap white cardstock.  Always proud of myself when I remember to do that!  I'm on a shimmer kick right now, so before attaching the stamped panel I spritzed with shimmer spray.
Finished off with a sheer white bow & mounted the panel to a card front with the sentiment from PTI Simple Stems.  I'm entering ITP Melissa's Fab FridayModSquadAllsorts & Retro Rubber.  I've had the flowers stamp set for well over 2 years.
Edited to add: Also entering Virginia's Show & Share.
Edited to add:  Also entering Time Out thanks to Sandie saying Flower Arranging is an art!
ModSquad ChallengeGrab our logoRRCB 134
I keep missing the HA Stay Crafty challenges, but I was determined to make a card for Challenge #7 Essential Kindness.  This time we're to make a card for an essential worker.  I've been meaning to send one to our wonderful PCP.  She's continuing to see patients, like so many doctors.  Even with proper PPE, the more people you're around, the greater the risk.
I love pastels & Brilliance Pearlescent inks are some of my favorite ink pads.  I used purple tape to mask sections of a panel & used direct to paper with Lavender, Coral, Jade & Sky Blue.  Then I stamped the panel with HA Magical Background in Delicata Silvery Shimmer.
The sentiment from HA Made with Love was stamped in silver ink & embossed with a satin powder, rather than silver.  That made a softer silver look that went with the stamped panel.  I added a couple layers of cardstock for just a bit of dimension before adding the panel.  I had gray/white twine on my table which finished it off.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,
I will visit you.


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, both of them and extra loving the design on the first one x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pretty cards Greta! I'm enjoying your shimmer kick! I hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i keep forgetting about shimmer and so glad you've reminded me with your two such pretty cards, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty and I love your second CAS card too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are pretty. The shimmer spray adds a subtle touch of glamour and your bow tying is fabulous too. I like the swooping border you've used. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of your sweet cards!! Your flowers are so pretty and those pastel panels are sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards, Greta. I love all the shimmer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mothers day bouquet is charming, so soft and delicate. The curvy green accent looks perfect with it. So nice of you to create a card for the carers at this time. They deserve our heartfelt thanks and the card you made for them is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are so beautiful. Great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pretty set of cards, Greta! Love your sweet bouquet on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Lovely style and gorgeous goodies on here. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful floral image and lovely design, thank yo so much for joining n with our current two week theme at Allsorts challenge. The soft colours and design of the second are equally pretty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. More beautifies Greta and always so soft and feminine... Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both with their shimmer are so beautiful, love the Mother's day card, with it's pretty flowers and design and the second such pretty colour combo Greta.
    Keep safe and well
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 really beautiful cards, I like the dainty flowers on your first card and those wonderful inked colours on your second. I have some of those brilliance inks so I think I am going to have to try that technique. Congrats on your win at Stamplorations xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the bouquet on your first card Greta, and the magical bg on the second. I too miss the flickr group for HA...I try to get in on the FB challenges but seem to miss them often. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards, I love the curve on the 1st one and the shimmer is amazing!! I don't know if you have used Sakura Gelly Roll Starbust pens, so shimmery, I think you might love them. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bit of a strange Mother's Day this year wasn't it but I love that people are so creative about connecting with their loved ones. Your bright floral card is beautiful and I love the white gel highlights. VERY impressed not only that you remembered to shimmer but that you got an amazing photo of it!! The second card is very stylish. At first I thought you were using handmade papers but then read that you masked the panels, inked them direct and stamped with a silver pattern. It's so effective! I too am amazed at the courage of essential workers like your friend. Take care Greta, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pair of cards, Greta! Just love your bouquet on card one - so sweet with the bow! And the panels on card two look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful designs and colors Greta.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two beautiful cards Greta. Your flower bouquet is so pretty and love the soft pastels on your second card. I almost used that stamp today to do some colour blocking but used a different on in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pleased you did join us Greta with this stunning card. I love you used the gel pen for detail....think hubby may have ordered me one for my bday...sent him a link-can't get more of a hint than that!! The colours you chose are gorgeous and soft and work so well together. Love all that shimmer and the pretty ribbon. Congrats on trying something new with the dies-it sure looks good. Fab to see you at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love both of your cards, I love the soft colors you used on them. Great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. And a beautiful flower arrangement this is! I love the colors you used. Love the gel pen accents and the wave in the split. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Truly gorgeous!! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your stamping just makes this card. Love the design too.Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.