Friday, May 8, 2020

3 Floral Cards for Friends

Over the past week I've made several cards & here are 3 of them.  First up is a last minute entry for Inky Paws Challenge #122.  Finally spent the gift certificate I won a long time ago & got Newton's Nook Blooming Botanicals.  You may want to sit down--I colored with Copics!  Well, not a lot of coloring, but it's a start.
This is Take 2 & I'll try again, but not before the challenge deadline.  Luckily I have sweet friends who won't mind my beginner skills.  I used Elizabeth Craft's oval dies for the first time.  After I finished coloring & adding sparkle, I restamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne to get nice dark lines.
The PTI Mint Julep cardstock was dry embossed with an old Cuttlebug folder.  I used circle dies for the sentiment & mounted it with foam tape.  I'm also entering NBUS 14.
Grab our badge to display on your blog.
Next is my entry for Memory Box May Challenge--Floral Cards.  I inked a white panel with DO Broken China & Cracked Pistachio.
Then I inked again with MB Texture Distressed Grid stencil in place & spritzed with a shimmer spray.  The sentiment from Poppystamps Hope and Thanks was stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.
MB Tall Poppy Left Corner was die cut from gray cardstock, stacked 3 high & covered with shimmer.  Finished off with Pico Embellisher Shimmer dots.
Challenge icons
My last card is for Altenew May Inspiration Challenge.  I gold embossed flowers from Altenew Lotus & colored them with Tropical Fiesta Watercolor Markers.  I used Erum's technique of scribbling & spritzing with water.  I added more color & spritzed again until I got the look I wanted.
After they were dried, I die cut & splattered with the darkest marker, white gauche paint & Distress Stain tarnished brass.  Brilliance Mediterranean Blue was used for a watercolor wash on the card front.
I attached the Gradient Stripes Cover die cut given to me by a friend & splattered with the tarnished brass.  The Altenew Fancy Hello die was cut from white & a piece of cardstock I colored with the blue ink.  Finished off with gold sequins.  I'm also entering Stamping Sensations.
Please grab our logo
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


21 comments:

  1. really lovely set of cards, greta! your copic coloring looks wonderful to me! loving all the shimmer on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a awesome set of card design Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bouquet of blooms you've shared with us Greta! I had to laugh at your Copic coloring comment, but you did a GREAT job!! I love the colors on that card. They're all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your cards are full of spring and just so lovely! Great job with the Inky Paws challenge colors! So glad you shared your talents with us!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta, you go from strength to strength with your designs! Your backgrounds are all textured and your coloring and embossing are fantastic! Go you for using Copics! Take care and keep safe and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each one so different but equally elegant Greta, picking out just element to colour on the first really draws the eye, an elegant die on the second which I know I have hidden somewhere and the beautiful sunny bust of blooms on the third.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again Great, forgot the all important thank you for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great start with your Copics, Greta. A great group of pretty cards. The shimmer is gorgeous and those yellow flowers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Inky Paw's Challenge card is amazing. Great use of the challenge colors!
    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic cards Greta - but the lotus one has my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful bouquet of cards Greta. Stay safe. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your card designs,
    . They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful trio of floral cards! Love each one but your first one is my favorite, love those sweet pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards and sweet images. Have a lovely MOther's day.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What delightful cards Greta. I really love the design on your first one. It is a stunner. Your other cards are just as amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another set such beautiful cards, love your first card with the selected colouring, so pretty, your second is "simply" beautiful and your third sings sunshine, all so Beautiful Greta.
    Keep safe and well.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So feminine and so very pretty and well done you with the copics x.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous set of floral designs! The gold embossing on the yellow flowers is perfect. Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Three pretty, spring like cards which bring a smile to my face and hope to my heart. You are brave with the Copic colouring; not something I'm good at. Love the clean lines and elegant die in the middle card and the ?daffodils are superb. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are the sparkle queen! These are stunners!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.