Monday, July 16, 2018

SSS & MFT

Here's my second card using the SSS Flower Cluster die.  I used Zigs & a damp brush to color the outline which I didn't use in my first card
The color is more vivid than I captured in the photo & it's so pretty on SSS Fog cardstock.  I brushed the die cut with Wink of Stella--just love the shimmer! 
A black Zig has become my favorite way to get tiny splatters & the sentiment from SSS Thoughtful Messages was stamped in Versafine Smokey Gray.  I still have a lot of gems & fortunately one package included gray--adds some sparkle, but doesn't distract from the delicate focal point.  I'm entering SSS Flickr Challenge 101, SSS MondaySSS Work It Wednesday.


I really want to get back to regularly entering MFT challenges & use my many goodies from them.  Kind of wierd, but I'm starting off with a Halloween card! 
Actually, when I saw the sketch it reminded me of the star border in MFT Primitive Pumpkins.  I stamped it in Distress Oxide Twisted Citron on a kraft card base & stamped the sentiment from the same set in Memento Rich Cocoa.  I attached Grape Jelly felt to cardstock & then die cut with one of the pumpkins in the coordinating die set.  I tied on a piece of brown twine & added a little wooden star covered with Nuvo Glaze before attaching it to the card.  Finished off with 3 SSS Mocha Java sequins.  I'm entering MFT Sketch 393.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.

25 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea with the Halloween card and love the felt pumpkin and the star strip....great colour combination. What a sweet first card and ever so pretty. Love the bit of bling, the gentle way you coloured in the pretty die cut and the fog card stock looks fabulous...as does your card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fab cards, Greta! Just love your colored diecut in card one and the fun star border with pumpkin on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking card with your soft coloring of that beautiful die placed on gray card stock!
    You really have an eye for dies and sketches and the second card shows that skill well. Keep cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flower cluster card. Beautiful colors too. Nice Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your first card is so soft and pretty, Greta - and love the purple pumpkin on your second card - how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Greta, this is delicate and quite lovely! Not too early to make a Halloween card as cute as this. Summer is flying by at lightening speed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Greta beautiful cards,love the first one very elegant,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful set of cards, greta! the first one simply elegant and the second one is just plain fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with the first card... the soft pretty colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta just love these ceations with there clean lines, which are often must harder to achieve than the busy ones.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, so different, but gorgeous nonetheless.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate it when your fingers push buttons faster than your brain is registering!! I meant to say pretty colour combination and sparkle. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my! Love the pretty color on the delicate SSS flower die, Greta! The possibilities are endless for the gorgeous die. And, second card with purple felt pumpkin is so fun! It’s never too early to work ahead on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that flower cluster rocks. I need to get mine out of the packaging. Your card for MFT is cool reminds me of star clutered barbed wire...wierd ya - thats how my brain works.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never think to colour the dies like that first ... Lovely card and Halloween already??? Oh my, I don't want summer to end... It's cooled a lot and now it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you colored the SSS die. It is lovely and the colors are so pretty. The purple pumpkin is unique and I love that star border. House was fantastic and big!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shimmery flowers outline looks so pretty on the grey! And your purple felt pumpkin is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The delicate colours on the flower are so pretty and I love the look of the Twisted Citron on Kraft. Two inspiring cards TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greta,
    I've really enjoyed looking around your blog and admiring not only your pretty work but your abundance of cards. It's great that you take part in so many challenges.
    Your Halloween card is a cute take on the sketch, and your die cut floral is gorgeous. LOVE the elegance and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your first card is so pretty and elegant.... love the dainty flowers and the second card is super FUN! I love your purple pumpkin!! ADORABLE!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such lovely cards but the flower card is just beautiful ~ elegant and so very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely pair of cards Greta. I especially love the first one with the soft a pretty flower. Love the ink spatter too!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.