Friday, December 26, 2014

PTI Blog Hop & Hubby's Card

Blog-hop-logo
True to form, hubby's card was made Christmas Eve--LOL! I had something else in mind until I saw the theme for the PTI Dec. Blog Hop.  Then I got the idea to use my new SSS Village dies backing the windows with Delicata Golden Glitz sponged on cardstock.  
The buildings were sponged with Distress Ink frayed burlap. I ended up cutting my snowy mounds separate from the buildings--easier for me to get each piece situated where it looked right.  My inked background was done with Distress Ink chipped sapphire. Unfortunately, I didn't plan for how much would end up being covered, so most of my shading doesn't show, but it's a pretty night sky anyway.  Love the SSS Falling Snow stencil which I used with embossing paste colored with a silver re-inker.  Rock Candy glitter adds some sparkle to the falling snow & mounds.  The window was cut with a Spellbinders oval & I trimmed the sentiment strip into a flag after silver embossing the greeting from PTI Snowflake Flurries.  The little wooden star from the SSS Blog Candy I won was colored with a silver maker & covered in Crystal Laquer.  
The top 2 layers are mounted with foam tape & hubby really liked the 3D look.  I'm also entering the Anything Goes challenge at SSS Wednesday & Pixies Snippets Playground.  Enjoy the hop & thanks so much for taking time to visit my blog.

32 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love everything about this. The gold is so rich and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta, what a stunning card! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card, greta! your snowy little scene is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Greta! I love your gorgeous scene you created, so so sweet and I am sure your hubby loved it. I wanted to let you know that I looked up your city on the map and you are not too too far away, maybe a 8-10 hour drive. It would be so much fun to meet you in person! Wishing a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta, this is beautiful! I bet your husband loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a lovely little village!! I bet he LOVED it!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful!!! Love the gold village!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, Greta! Love all the dimension and texture! I'm sure your husband loved this wonderful card! Hope you and family had a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Greta! Love the pretty wintery scene that you created! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the layers and the snow in the sky! GORGEOUS, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!! Love the dimension and that pretty little screen you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! Your distressed looking houses are fabulous and you've created a wonderful scene here! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty, peaceful wintry wonderful scene, Greta; a card I know your husband loves, as do I. A Christmas Eve nearly-at-the-last-minute creation: yep, I can relate!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greta, your card is gorgeous! I simply love the wintery scene and hills of snow you created :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. beyond gorgeous, love this! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG OMG OMG!! How BEAUTIFUL!! I just LOVE the Design!! Your Husband is going to Cherish this!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Greta, this is a little piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. FAB design Greta!!! Glad to see you in the gallery at the PTI blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just gorgeous Greta! Bet your hubby loved it too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing scene you have created here Greta!
    Fabulous card!!
    HUgs~

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW WOW WOW! I know I keep just saying beautiful & stunning, but they ARE. And the falling snow...ah, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fantastic, Greta! I love the window, the glistening snow, the sentiment flag, star and lovely village! What a special card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card for hubby. I love everything about it. The scene is so pretty and peaceful and looking through the window is so clever. the snowflakes in silver are beautiful and the star sets it all off. I'm sure he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bet he loved this gorgeous card, GG! It's perfect for the PTI hop and excellent for using up those snippets! I'll see you on the swings!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Greta, love the layers and the snowy sky, that stencil is definitely going onto my wishlist! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous design :) Love the awesome layering u did too create the scene :) Hope u had an awesome Christmas, wishing u a very Happy New year !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning. Love the aperture, love all the dimensional layers and of course that Delicata gold is my favorite gold to stamp. I'm sure your DH loved this one too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card Greta! So very elegant, I absolutely love the village dies.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.