Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Another New Year's Card

Photo Inspiration
I wasn't able to get together with one of my friends before Christmas, so I'll save the Christmas card for next year. We're meeting for an early dinner tonight with our hubby's, so that gave me a great reason to make a card for the challenge at Inkspirational. The photo is such a beautiful night shot of a city, but we're small town folks.  I used my SSS village dies which were cut from black cardstock, inked & heat embossed.  The silver shadow layer is cut from the lining of a Christmas card envelope we received. Hurray--that makes my card qualify for Pixies Snippets Playground! I'm sure you're not surprised to see that I used PTI Snowflake Flurries once again--this time stamped in Scarlet Jewel.  The splotches are made with a silver re-inker, the sentiment is DeNami & the stitched rectangle is Lil' Inkers.  I'm also entering SSS Flickr Challenge #9.
Can't wait for New Year's Day--The Rose Bowl is finally here (Go Ducks!) & I'll be making a happy announcement. Wishing you a wonderful New Year's Eve! 

15 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Greta,
    It's been a pleasure following your blog and enjoying your creations this year. Looking forward to another year of inspiration. Wishing you all the best in 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me smile. Have a wonderful new year's eve and may we all have an even more creative year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Greta! Your take on that inspiration photo is amazing! Gorgeous card! So glad you played in the SSS Flickr challenge - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you at Ink again! Fabulois take on the photo and the silver reflection is an inspired idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely take on the photo Greta - I like that it's not the whole row of buildings :)

    Happy New Year!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever and unique! Love this, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you always use snowflake flurries is such creative ways, greta... this card is no exception! totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those sparkly bursts in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is cute!! Love the fireworks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Card Greta! Love those stitches around the main panel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply Beautiful!! I bought those dies ... couldn't wait to get them and only used it once!
    You've inspired me to use the dies more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great scene Greta! Those snowflakes look great as fireworks. Very creative. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a subtle CAS and unique take :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. What perfect fireworks! Love the subtle silver shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GRETA!! Finally adding comments to all the oohing and ahhing that's been going on, seeing wondrous card after wondrous card. Hopefully, my thoughts won't be too scattered! Your take on the photo - translating from 'city scape' to small-town-neighbourhood: splendid! The silver shadow, the luscious 'fireworks'...yep, LOVE this!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.