Monday, February 19, 2024

Friendship Cards

I continue to post pretty much all my cards in IG and some of them are also in my blog.  Please do not feel the need to leave comments in both places.  That only makes sense, as we all need to conserve our time for creating!😊
Here's the card I made for a friend going through a difficult time.  I used Rose Gold powder to emboss Pigment Craft Co's Delicate Floral Background stamp.  
Took me a few tries using the matching stencils with mostly Pigment Craft inks to get it right, but glad I persevered.  The panel edge was embossed with Rose Gold powder after I die cut it with MFT stitched rectangle.  The scalloped rectangle is Elizabeth Craft Design, the diecut sentiment is Memory Box Just a Note Posh Script and the sub-sentiment is from PTI Simple Stems.  
I'm entering The Snippets Playground as I used only scraps for the die cut and stamped sentiments.  Finished off with the beautiful, yet subtle, Lucy's Irridescent Jewels.  
Kelly took a wonderful photo for this month's Altenew Inspiration Challenge.  I love the colors and dark background.
I was fortunate to get Altenew's Floral Acanthus product bundle when I had a gift certificate and it was on sale.  For this card, I stamped, inked the matching stencils and used the dies.    
I used a variety of my inks from Altenew, PTI and Hero Arts to get as close as possible to the photo.  I'm thinking it would have been better to use the pink in the graphic, rather than the color of the flower in the photo.  For some reason, I literally took over 30 photos in every room of the house with all different lights to try and show the soft, dusty pink & purple flower I inked.  The pictures looked good on my phone and in IG.  For some reason, they were not good transferred to my laptop.  Anyway, I finally got one that is pretty close, so called it quits!  The little white flowers are from Layered Floral Elements.  I used a detail blending brush with yellow ink to color the centers.  Deck Planks embossing folder is a favorite and I thought it made the perfect dark, gray background.   I remembered to blend out the color from the bottom to the top of the word for a look I really like, but seldom do.  I used soft yellow and crystal loose glitter for the stamens and flower centers, which you can see by enlarging the photo.  I decided against splatters and just added a few black enamel dots.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


13 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, Greta! I love the softness of the first one and the bold colors of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful floral friendship cards, Greta! You really rocked the Altenew challenge with that bold delight! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful floral cards here Greta.

    Thanks for entering the first one as your Snippets Playground homework. See you in the treehouse for refreshments later x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Greta. Love them both,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Greta. I generally read the blogs and comment there. Now and again I scroll through IG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like both Greta, the soft colours of the first are very appealing but the vibrance of the second just pips it for me. Will be your blog for me, I do have IG but mainly to keep track of what the kids/grandkids are up to, text is a strain on the phone.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous stenciled cards, Greta!! Especially love the Altenew colors against the black texture - just stunning!! I hear you about trying to get photo colors to match the real object - frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are stunning Greta! I'm sure your card will bring your friend some feelings of love and support when they get it. Thank you also for visiting and commenting on my blog, I really appreciate your time and sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are just lovely and convey beautiful feelings of encouragement and friendship. The florals are just beautiful. No worries about double commenting - I don't use IG and wouldn't know where to start with it anyway LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Greta - I love both cards, one so subtle and the bright and beautiful one. Lovely work!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful set of cards, Greta, but that second one is a real show stopper! Looks like a winner to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the subtle colouring on the first card very much. So pretty. Bit slow on the uptakeas It took me a while to work out what IG is. So glad though that your still posting here though. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both beautiful. Those soft colors are just stunning and the bright, happy colors on the second card is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.