Friday, June 2, 2023

More Cards

Hard to believe it's June!  Luckily, Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Dance of the Flowers Challenge is still open.  I pulled out the HA Paper Layering Dandelion die that my friend, Betty, gave me long ago.  
I die cut twice from a scrap of cardstock & spritzed one with Tattered Angels Caribbean Blue & the other with Meadow Green.  The shimmery metallic is so beautiful!  I also splattered them with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain to tie in with the leftover PFS Small Butterfly which I colored with Spellbinders silver metallic pen.  There's a video in my IG post showing the shimmer & sparkle.  The sentiment from a 2009 HA clear set was stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist a couple times on a white scrap & cut with a PTI flag die.  Love the white on white background using HA Bold Graphic Confetti cover plate & the look of droplets from PTI Rainstones.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday & Snippets Playground.
I've participated in the CCC card exchange for many years.  It's fun to send & receive cards from all over the world.  Last month the optional color combo was 2 shades of blue plus gold.  I made it 3 blues so I had 4 colors to stamp C&9 Botanical Turnabout stamp.  The Hero Arts inks are Cornflower, Soft Sky & Soft Pool.  I heat embossed the gold layer & added gold splatters.  
Gotta say, I really love this combo which I probably would never have come up with.  I used dies that came with the set to make the gold embossed frame decorated with a bloom & leaves.  Here's a close up to try & show the gold embossing.  It looks like a different card, but it's not.
The Poppystamps sentiment was stacked with white, blue & a gold embossed layer.  I found a stamp with the word "Friend" that I could trim for the sub-sentiment.  
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. Fun dandelion card, Greta - love the texture behind your flowers! Gorgeous turnabout for the CCC too - love the gold diamond frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these cards Greta. Thanks for entering the first one as your homework for the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me, Di and Dudley up in the Treehouse for a beverage of your choice! Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautifully done Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Greta. Both are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue and green look so beautiful together and I love the cover plate you used. The triangle cards are awesome. Lovely stamping for the background and the diamond die gives a different look to the card front. Three wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blue and green dandelions, so perfect for summer! Your second card is beautifully done. The colors and shimmer are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three really lovely cards Greta. I think the CCC one is my favourite. Stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty work Greta - Love both cards!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards Greta - but the CCC one is my favourite! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous cards Greta, impossible to choose a favourite. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, you did a fabulous card for the CCC. I like the colors you´ve used - great card for the Card Chain Challenge. I am happy being part of it.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, Greta. Love all the details. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge. - Kanan

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness the blues that run thru this group of cards is so eye-catching. Loving the last card so much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely set of cards, Greta! The second one really captured my attention. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your CCC card Greta, it is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.