Wednesday, June 28, 2023

End of the Month

Challenges are about to end with July just around the corner!
First is my entry for the Sunshine theme challenge at Pinkfresh Studio.  Unfortunately, I missed the deadline.  They included "bright, summery colors" when talking about what would qualify for the challenge.  I used Copics for my bright rainbow of colors along with some beautiful flowers that bloom with the summer sun.
My favorite PFS Dainty Blossoms were die cut from white scraps & brushed with shimmer.  Love the font of PFS Perfect Sentiments & this cute little black embossed "hi" was just right for this card.  I added a crochet thread bow & some white sequins.
Next is my entry for the Just Add Foil challenge at Poppystamps.  My good friend, Rosemary, inspired me to emboss watercolor paper with BirchPress Prem Layer C die & to add a flower to Poppystamps Dream Butterfly.  
The butterfly was die cut from PTI Dark Indigo cardstock & I used the matching ink to stamp the sentiment from Altenew Painted Greetings.  I restamped in Versamark so I could add clear embossing powder.  I die cut Poppystamps Layered Lovely Flowers from a gorgeous blue foil cardstock in an old paper pad.  Just seemed like too much white, so I splattered Hero Arts blue metallic watercolor which happened to exactly match the blue foil cardstock. 
I lifted up the petals & added a tiny gem in the center.  My sister's favorite color is blue & she loves butterflies, so this one is being saved for her. 
My last card is for the Memory Box challenge to use dies for the focal point of a card.  One of my latest MB purchases was Floral Bud and Stems die set.  I'm trying to use up some of my old single cardstock sheets kept in a plastic tub.  I found the orange & teal that made for a summery bouquet.  
The background was made with Memento Dandelion ink brushed through SSS 2013 Moroccan stencil.  The frame is Poppystamps Double Stitch Scalloped Rectangle Frame stacked 2 high.  I stamped the sentiment from Poppystamps Grateful Heart in Versafine Clair Nocturne. 
Orange Stickles add a bit of sparkle to the petals & I brushed Poppystamps Grosgrain bow with shimmer.  Finished off with 3 Memory Box yellow Fairy Jewels.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, Greta, each one is a pretty as the next! Those bright rainbow colors make the perfect background for the white die cuts. Love the way Rosemary inspired your pretty butterfly card. So happy to have you joining the Poppystamps challenge! I think my favorite is your MB card. Love the framed flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three wonderful cards Greta, every one a beauty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards Greta. All of them are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful set of cards! I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses challenge deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love each one of these cards for different reasons. Fabulous and such lovely backgrounds that set off the dies brilliantly. It can be frustrating when you miss a deadline, but it happens to us all xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three pretty cards featuring flowers, Greta! Especially love the blue one atop the lacy butterfly and layered white background!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta what a fabulous collection of cards...hard to pick which I love more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.