Thursday, May 25, 2023

Christmas and Friendship

I finally got some pictures of cards today so I can enter some challenges.  One is about to close, so I'll start with Caffeinated Christmas Card Flower Challenge.  I love fancy cups & mugs.  Boy would I love to have one like this...and a whole set of china! 
I used Pigment Craft Co Cup of Happy die & a beautiful sheet of paper from Spellbinders Merry Wishes pad.  I added some gold foil accents with my Quickie Glue Pen--so fun & easy.  The W&W sentiment is gold embossed on a piece of my favorite pink cardstock--Romance by Bazzill.  I colored the cup's handle using Distress Inks evergreen bough & pine needles to match the printed paper.  Finally got to use a strip of this fun, gold & white Altenew Washi tape. 
The card front is dry embossed with an evergreen branches folder & really adds something when you see it in person.  I didn't like any embellishments I tried.  Finally, I decided to add my old gold glitter dots to the rim of the cup.  It'd be hard to drink from, but we can do what we like creating cards--right?!  
Next is my entry for Woodblock Wednesday & Rudolph Days.  I still have a lot of Woodblock stamps to choose from.  This time I chose to use Penny Black's 2013 stamp called Christmas Reds & Greens along with the 2009 PB sentiment.  
I stamped the leaves in Avery Elle Celery pigment ink & embossed with Hero Arts Sparkle powder.  I covered the berries in Christmas Red Stickles & added some splatters of the green ink. 
Originally I planned to center the panel on the black mat, but I really liked it this way for a change.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Hero Arts was one of the first companies I was introduced to about 25 years ago.  I still have many, many HA flower stamps--some woodblock & some cling.  Decided to use the Zinnia Style bloom from the 2005 Fashion Flowers woodblock set.  This card design was inspired by Cecile, whose work I admire so much.  

I began by blending Pigment Craft Co Himalayan & Blush inks through The Greetery Color Spots stencil onto a square of Bristol paper.  Then I stamped the bloom in Versafine Clair Nocturne.   The little sentiment from Altenew's Floral Frame was stamped a couple times in the same black ink.   I added a black satin "tab" & a couple cardstock layers for dimension before adding it to the 4 inch square mat of Bristol.  Finished off with a black enamel dot.  I'm entering the flower challenge at Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero & SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Greta. I saw the first one over on Instagram. It is so incredible. And your other cards are just as stunning. Isn't it fun to get those older woodblock stamps out and have a play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous cards, Greta! Just love the patterned cup with gold dot rim, the delicate branch, and the graphic flower - three great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over that beautiful cup on your first card, What a fabulous image! You did a great job letting the image take center stage!

    Your Rudolph Entry is so lovely. I like this stamped image as well. A totally different vibe to this card. And that is the fun of creating our own cards, isn't it?

    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trio of prettiness, Greta! Your poinsettia mug is a looker and I like the simplicity on the second card. But I think the final card is my favorite today. What a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Greta, I love that teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous Christmas cards Greta, I love the CAS feel on the second. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Greta,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What fabulous cards and such very wonderful designs too.
    Love the gorgeous cup on your first and your wood stamped foilage is so pretty.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta! Oh my goodness, your card for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks also for joining in the fun for Woodblock Wednesday. Both the Penny Black and Hero Arts projects are lovely. Your stamp choices are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZER Greta, 3 absolutely stunning cards, love the teacup with its added gold, the 2 CAS cards are "simply" gorgeous, in their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty set of cards, Greta. Each one has such a lovely clean design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Thanks for entering our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so pretty, Greta. Adding the stickles for berries dressed up that card and I'm off to see if I have that HA stamp. It looks so familiar! That is a delightful card with the pink circle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.