Friday, June 30, 2023

Last Minute Entry

The color combo for the Altenew June Inspiration Challenge really appeals to me & it's always good to use some products sitting on the shelf! 
I pulled out 3 Altenew dies:  Dotted Swirls Debossing Cover Die, Climber Flowers Die Set & Essential Sentiment Strips Die Set.  I didn't have the right shades of cardstock, so looked through my ink pads.  The blossom die cuts were inked with CN9 Fig & Altenew Fuchsia.  The leafy die cuts were inked with Altenew Limeade, Lime & Fresh Leaf.  I didn't want any yellow, so used a gray marker to color the stamen.  For the sentiment strip, I die cut a white scrap that was big enough to also use for a strip inked with Fig & glued behind the letters.  I used foam tape & rolled glue dots to attach the strip.
Usually I put most of the embellishments around my focal point, but this time I added purple Memory Box Fairy Jewels to the blooms & green to the leaves.  Maybe I shouldn't think as much about what to do--haha!  I didn't have much time to get this card made & I really like how it turned out.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground with all the diecutting done from white scraps, SSS Wednesday & WAW.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment,  I will visit you.


7 comments:

  1. I love how your card turned out too! It’s so vibrant and pretty.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings later x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Greta. Love you take on the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all about over thinking, it is such a trial! You should be glad about how it turned out, I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Greta - I love the design and those fresh and vibrant colours.

    Hugs
    Di xx,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've used one of my favorite cover plates and those pretty flowers look right at home oh it! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Perfect take on the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty layered flower atop that die cut cover plate, Greta!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.