Sunday, April 23, 2023

Three More Cards

I made a second card for the April Altenew Inspiration Challenge.  I used the same Distress Inks & Embossing Folder as my first entry, but got a totally different look.  
This time I sponged a watercolor panel with fired brick, barn door, mowed lawn & twisted citron.  I kept playing & adding ink until I was happy.  After it dried, I embossed with the Altenew Rose Bouquet folder.  I added black & white splatters plus a heavy spritzing of shimmer. 
There's a short video showing the shimmer in my IG post.  Altenew's Fancy Hello diecut was stacked with the top layer cut from a black scrap covered in packing tape.  I added old black gems & a black mat.  

Next is my entry for Color Hues Purple and Green Challenge.  I really love having stencils to use for coloring.  This card is made with the beautiful GKD Radiant Roses embossing folder & stencils.  
I used Memento Inks Elderberry, Sweet Plum, Cottage Ivy & Northern Pine on a very old light purple cardstock I've had forever.  I wanted sparkle, but nothing too thick, as this is fairly lightweight paper.  Took a chance & used my finger to spread Star Dust Stickles through the stencil.  It worked great!
Poppystamps Scribble Hello was stacked with the top layer cut from the same black scrap covered in packing tape that I used for the last card.  The stamped black splatters are from Precious Remembrance Shop Fall Colors & PTI Rainstones provide embellishment. 
I'll end with my entry for Poppystamps April Challenge, Cute Critters.  I'm not sure my card will qualify as featuring cute critters, but I did end up with a card I really like.  
Sometimes you don't realize how lovely a die is until you cut with it.  That was true for me with the Memory Box Bellflower Circle Wreath that I cut twice from white scraps.  I used a variety of ink pads & markers until I was happy with the look.  I've been wanting to do some cross stitch again.  Maybe threading the needle & adding pale pink floss to the big flower centers will motivate me--haha!  The cute bee is from Poppystamps Little Kindness while the butterfly & sentiment are from Friends & Flowers.  I stamped the critters in VersaMagic Wheat & the sentiment in VersaMagic Gingerbread.  Lawn Fawn glitter pen was used to "color" the critters & I added tiny chino pearls.  You can see the shimmer in the video in my IG post.  Amazing what a difference it made to round the corners before adding the panel to the mat cut from a kraft scrap.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday & The Snippets Playground.

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


24 comments:

  1. Your purple and green embossed card is so lovely! Having the coloring stencil makes these embossing folders much more versatile and the coloring on this one is beautiful. I love the idea of covering the paper for a sentiment with packing tape; right onto my to-try list! Your other two cards are equally wonderful. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an excellent eye to match the pinks and greens well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another trio of beautiful "Greta" cards. The wreath is beautiful and the embossed cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three wonderful cards, Greta! The shimmer on your first one is awesome and I like the simplicity of your CH entry. Those roses are so pretty! So happy to see you played along at Poppystamps, your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Difficult choices on this post Greta as I love them all, really inspired by your use of the floral stencils (I must try harder with mine). I think my fav has to be the middle one, the soft lilacs are so peaceful looking.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely trio of cards from you Greta. All so pretty.
    Thanks for bringing the last one to the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice cup of tea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing cards Greta. All of them are just stunning. Love the roses on your first one and the gorgeous purples on the middle one. And the wreath is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post, Greta. You certainly should be thrilled with the results on all of these. I really love the one that you made for Color Hues as it is so soft and peaceful looking and then your last card is CAS perfection! Thanks for being with us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another set of great cards. love that dainty wreath and the stitching. Hope to see some more of that soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three fabulous cards, Greta. It's hard to pick a favourite, but I especially love the colours on middle one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely set of cards, greta. each so unique and different. i am a bit partial to the third one, though. that delicate wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards Greta - I do so love the stencilled one - and your snippets entry is super CAS yet so much tiny detail - I love it!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! Greta, what wonderful cards, beautiful colouring and designs. Off to see what I have missed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you joined us at Color Hues, you've used the colors beautifully, Greta! Each of these cards are fabulous, great designs. The roses are so regal, I love the bit of sparkle too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three fab florals Greta, love the 3D effect of your embossed and stencil roses. Thanks for being inspired by the Color Hues duo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three lovely cards Greta - that last one in particular is breathtaking! It has never occurred to me to cover card stock in packing tape and then die cut! I must try this, it will save me a lot in glossy accents! Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an amazing difference between this Altenew folder and the one you did about a week ago - love them both! And I think you do need to cross-stitch! I have cross-stitch pieces done by mom and done by me hanging around the house but I haven't picked up a project since I had kids 27 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely array of cards. I just love all those beautiful flowers along with that pretty wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Greta! I always love seeing what you're up to! Your cards are so clean and elegant and so pleasing to the eye! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The bee card is so very delicate! Thanks for playing along at the Poppystamps Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautifully simple wreath, Greta. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Three beautiful cards! Those roses look amazing in our challenge colors! Thanks for playing at Color Hues Greta !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, Greta - three gorgeous cards!! Especially love the vibrant colors on card one, the purples on card two, and the delicate wreath on card three!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.