Monday, May 1, 2023

Florals and Friendship

Seems all my cards are floral lately, but that doesn't mean they look alike.  First is the card I sent to Bonnie for the April CCC.  
I inked SSS Bouquet of Roses stencil on a watercolor panel with Memento Angel Pink, Sweet Plum, London Fog & Espresso Truffle and spritzed with water.  I added more ink to the image & the background until I was happy with the look.  I spritzed with shimmer spray & added black splatters.  
Then I dry embossed with SSS Refracted stencil.  Memory Box Hello Friend Posh Script words were die cut from a black scrap covered with packing tape & the shadow from a vellum scrap.  The sentiment was attached over a silver thread nest.  I'm entering SSS Wed Challenge & The Snippets Playground.
Next is my first card made with Altenew metallic watercolors on black watercolor paper.  I gold embossed & die cut PFS Sweet Friend Floral which gave me 5 floral stems.  I used 2 colors for the blooms & 2 for the leaves, plus yellow/gold for the flower centers.  
Decided to add tiny black dots to the flowers.  Always surprises me what a difference something little like that can make.  There's a short video on my IG post that shows the beautiful shimmer of the paints.  PTI Vintage Cream cardstock was die cut with PFS Blanket Stitched Rectangles & splattered with Altenew black ink spray.  The sentiment from PFS Perfect Sentiments was double gold embossed & TE matte gold enamel dots finish it off.  I'm entering PFS April Monthly Challenge & SSS Monday.

Sue's card for Just Us Girls CASE a DT member inspired my last card.  I used one of my favorite embossing folders, Memory Box Blooming, along with MB Serene Bird and Branch die & PFS Perfect Sentiments. 
Hard to see in the photo, but the cardstock I used was a very old piece of white with a mottled blue pattern.  I swiped over the embossed edges with my Ultimate Encore Metallic blue ink pad which has a lovely shimmer.  The bird was die cut from the same paper.  I brushed the bird with the blue ink & just the edges of the wing.  I added ultrafine glitter to the lines of the wing for a subtle sparkle.  
The branch was die cut twice from HA woodgrain vellum.  I stamped the sentiment in the blue ink & clear embossed.  The panel was attached to a card front also brushed with the blue ink & I added 3 beautiful white gems.  I love monochromatic cards & dry embossing, so I totally enjoyed making this card.  I'm also entering the May Memory Box Challenge & SSS Wednesday
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


16 comments:

  1. Great effects created with the embossing folders Greta and the pink one is just stunning.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on CASEing Sue! I do love the inked embossing. Thanks for joining us at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are beautiful samples of using embossing folders and metallic watercolors, but the first one is just stunning! I love those flowers with the embossed design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful trio of cards, Greta! Especially love the stenciled flowers that you embossed - stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your cards...the first one with the pink flowers is just beautiful!!!!!!!! The blue one that Sue's card inspired is so soft and sweet! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three really lovely cards Greta and they are all so different. I am loving the embossed ones particularly the last one. That soft blue and white looks stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy, Greta... in a good way! I love the dreamy quilted look of your first card and the wildflower look of the second. So happy to see your pretty bluebird in our JUGs gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Greta. Each is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful set of cards, greta. love all the amazing texture you achieved with the embossing folders and inks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards Greta, beautiful details on each one with the most wonderful colour mixes. Stunning work. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all three cards, but thanks for submitting the first one as homework to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Once you're done on the slide, come up to the treehouse to find out what illicit goodies I have inside my satchel while Miss Di isn’t looking! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dudley the 'snitch' just reported Sarn for having illicit goodies in her satchel. It's her own fault for not having some doggie treats in there as well! xx

      Delete
  12. Wonderful cards Greta - you've been a busy little bee. I adore your snippets card - so pretty, it reminds me of a quilted eiderdown that my Granny had! Beautiful work.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these are absolutely gorgeous! I have to say that your CASE of my card has to be my favorite! I love how you embossed and inked that beautiful background and added that pretty bluebird. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS and for choosing my card to CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your CCC card, Great, it's so dreamy! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.