Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Three More Easter Cards

I really enjoyed making Easter cards this year.  Here's my entry for TTTC 202 using the diagonal line of Gold, Free, Easter from the board created by my good friend, Betty.  
Some time ago I made several HoneyBee Stamps Lovely Layers Tulips buds from yellow & green scraps.  Couldn't get my idea to work, so they've just been on my table.  Luckily, there was enough cardstock to also die cut the closed tulip.  That gave me a little bouquet which resulted in this card.  I splattered gold watercolor over the tulips & the white panel embossed with SSS Refracted folder.
Poppystamps Happy Easter Curve was stacked several high with the top layer cut from gold metallic cardstock.  I finished off with the beautiful Lucy's Cards gold & clear sequins from my favorite Champagne mix.
Next is a beautiful card, thanks to Stamplorations card fronts.  I thought this one would be great for an Easter card.  
All I did was splatter gold watercolor, attach the IO gold metallic diecut sentiment, add gold sequins & attach the panel to a burgundy mat.
I was running out of time to get cards in the mail, so having the card front was a wonderful option.  In case you haven't heard, Shery Russ, the owner of Stamplorations, recently had a PET scan that showed no signs of her stage 4 breast cancer.  Lots of joy for that family this Easter.
My final card was inspired by the photo inspiration for Time Out Challenge 235.  As many of you probably know, I love wreaths & the color pink.  So no surprise I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous grapevine wreath with pink flowers. 
I actually have a couple wreath dies that would have worked, but my first thought was PTI Rustic Wreath.  It was die cut 3 times from a dark brown scrap & I glued them not lined up in order to make a little fuller wreath.  I knew several of my Spellbinders Small Die of the Month kits had blossoms & branches.  These 3 had just what I needed: March & July 2020 and December 2021.  I pulled out a bunch of my beautiful pink scraps & a sort of mossy green one for the branches.  Only got a shot of the pink scraps--still lots to be used.  
Love the white bricks in the photo & I remembered my old Magenta stencil which I used with Golden Light Molding Paste.  I've had that jar for years & it's still just as good as the day I opened it.  Really love the texture it gives.  This card is completely opposite of the last one--took me forever!  
I'm not good at fiddling with little die cut pieces, but finally got everything attached where I wanted them.  The Poppystamps Serene Rabbit diecut is the last one from a scrap I embossed with Stampendous Sparkle & Puff ep.  I substituted him for the white "Hi" in the photo.  The sentiment from my old TPC Studio set was stamped in Versafine Clair Pinecone on a white scrap.  I added tiny clear gems to the big flowers, used a black Glaze pen for the rabbit's eye & added a piece of white crochet thread around his neck.  The crochet thread was a scrap, too!  
If you want to see the sparkle, there's a short video in my IG feed.  Too late for this year, so I'll put this card on display for now & mail it next year.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground & SSS Monday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.   If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. Choices here Greta as each one has it's own element that appeal, the Tulips on the first are so pretty but a floral wreath always wins especially with a Bunny as well.

    Have a lovely Easter and hope your getting back to full mobility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards Greta. Each one is as awesome as the next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know I love all three of these, Greta and so pleased you entered those pretty tulips in our TicTacToe challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous--the brick backdrop really adds a lot to your lovely wreath. Thanks for joining in at TIME OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta, wonderful collection of cards. All beautiful for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Greta! Oh - what lovely cards. Your snippets card is absolutely exquisite! I love it - SO delicate and the colours are perfect! Cute little bunny too! Happy Easter!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set of Easter cards, Greta! I'm a bit partial to the first one as I love tulips. It is very pretty in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trio of prettiness, my friend! Those yellow tulips are lovely and I like the glitz the gold sentiment added to the floral card. But I have to say the wreath card is my favorite. I love the sweet bunny and pretty blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your die cut Easter wreath looks wonderful! You've enabled me! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta I came to compliment those beautiful sunny yellow tulips and got to see 3 fabulous cards - they are all beautiful! I love that sweet bunny floral wreath too. Fabulous work - it's always a joy to pay your blog a visit. Thanks for playing along with us over at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your snippets card Greta. So sweet.
    Happy Easter to you. Nearly caught you with the game of Tag, but didn't quite manage it! I'm worn out! Time for some chocolate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Easter trio, Greta - especially love the bouquet on card one and the sentiment on card two but my fave is the bunny wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three gorgeous cards, Greta! I'm especially drawn to your "fiddly" one, so pretty on the brick background

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on the HM in TTT challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been busy making beautiful Easter cards and I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite among this trio! I love those tulips on the embossed background and that wreath is just amazing how you created it! NJ on them all and a very Happy and blessed Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the soft colours you used on the third card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the variety of your Easter cards, Greta and am partial to the yellow tulips! So pretty. I finally figured out how to comment on your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Greta, I just had to come by and congratulate you on your win over at Time Out Challenges. Your spring wreath with the bunny is simply adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How very, very beautiful your cards are Greta. I wish I had a quarter of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Greta! What a gorgeous wreath and bunny!! I'm so glad you were inspired by our Inspiration Photo for Challenge #235 and took the Time Out to play with us! Congratulations on being our Top Pick! Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.