Sunday, April 16, 2023

Floral Cards

Last month I forgot to entry my card, so decided to get my April Altenew Challenge entry posted while I'm thinking about it.  The photo inspiration showing a beautiful red rose made me immediately think of the Rose Bouquet embossing folder. 
I embossed a panel of Bristol cardstock & colored using sponge daubers with Distress Inks Fired Brick, Barn Door, Mowed Lawn & Cracked Pistachio.  I used the 2 lightest colors just outside the raised areas.  I splattered with white gauche & attached the panel to silver & black mats.  
One of the Essential Sentiment Strips was die cut from a black scrap & attached to silver & black mats.  Finished off with black enamel dots.  I'm also entering TTTC204 with Enamel Dot/Free/Floral.  Mailing this one to a friend with lots going on.
I also recently made a card inspired by the flowers theme for the Pinkfresh Studio April Challenge.  I used PFS Modern Layered Florals, Dainty Blossoms, Braided Tag & Sweet Friend Floral. 
The Altenew inks are Fuchsia, Baby Pink, Aqualicious & Dew Drops.  Glad I thought to add some vellum diecuts behind the bouquet for added interest.  Always amazing what a difference it makes to add white gel pen dots which I did to the tiny flowers.  The rest of the flowers have some brushed on shimmer.  
The card front was splattered, pink gems were added & the sentiment strip was added.  This one was already sent to a friend recovering from surgery.   
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



12 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards, Greta. The flowers on the first one are beautiful. I especially love the colours you’ve used on your second card, so pretty and fresh looking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards Greta. Love the embossed roses - look amazing and the second card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As they are both floral I'm struggling to choose a favourite Greta, adore the colour palette on the second but may just be tipped by your super shading on the first.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greta, loving the sponged ef card. I need to give that a try again. YOur soft flower colors card is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very special cards Greta. I think the embossed and inked card is outstanding. I haven't really done that with my embossing folds. I think I will have to change that. Thanks so much for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two PRETTY cards, Greta! Love what you've done with the EF on the first one. The colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect card for our TicTacToe challenge this week Greta! love the colors you chose for those lovely roses! and your second card in those soft shades is so lovely - i'm sure your friend will love receiving it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely floral cards, greta. the inking on the first one is amazing and really brings out the beauty of the embossed image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards; Greta those red embossed roses are stunning! Thanks for playing with us over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I came to see what I have missed, these are so gorgeous, Super designs, the rose embossing folder is gorgeous and the colours on your second card are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous coloring on card one, Greta, and I love the background for your bouquet on card two!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.