Saturday, October 8, 2022

Halloween & Birthday

I don't make a lot of Halloween cards, but remembered the cute PRS Beware Stamp Set.  I used the Halloween/Orange/Embossing line of my friend, Betty's TTTC182 board. 
First I black embossed Hero Arts Bare Branched Tree on a kraft panel.  Then I stamped the owl & spider images in black & the jack-o-lantern in PTI Orange Zest.  I used old circle dies & at the last minute decided to mount them off center, just for fun.  The sentiment from the same set was black embossed & I used foam tape to attach the jack-o-lantern. 
There's a bit of Stickles on each image & I finished off with black enamel dots.  I'm also entering Snippets Playground as the circles & sentiment layers are all from scraps.

Love that PFS has a WCMD Anything Goes challenge.  I made a masculine birthday card using the PFS Wintry Forest stencil set.
Heather Hoffman's card inspired me to start with colored cardstock.  I really like the result, especially with this light, green textured one.  The inks are Altenew Limeade, Lime & Fresh Leaf.  Fun to use one of the foiled sentiment strips my friend, Vikki gave me.  I didn't want white, so brushed on 2 of the green inks.  I used light molding paste for the snowy layer & attached the panel to a gold metallic mat. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



13 comments:

  1. The HA Tree makes a lovely backdrop to your Halloween elements Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree all by itself is spooky. Adding the cute pictures made it not scary and more fun. I like the idea of creating your scene on colored c/s. It made a pretty card and I love the dimension you got using softer colors in the background. I got the second panel yesterday. You are so funny, I never noticed it until you pointed it out! Thank you for sending it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not big on halloween, but that first card is absolutely amazing, greta! love the peaceful serenity of the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Hallowe’en card with the snippet circles.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Halloween card with the trio of circles on the tree background, Greta! Great forest bday card for a guy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Halloween card Greta - love the tree as the full background with the fun additions!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pretty tree on you Halloween card, Greta! And those pine trees, sigh... what a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spooky tree in the background of your first one and love the idea of using a blended background to start your trees. Great cards Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding the circle portraits to the tree is inspired, Greta. Love it. YOur tone on tone trees make a fab man card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two really amazing tree card, bit are wonderful in their own right. Love the stamp on the first and that stencil on your second. I am going to have to look out for them xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love spooky trees and the owl, pumpkin and spidery web hanging around in it is so cute - so happy to see you in my TicTacToe challenge this week Greta!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Halloween tree Greta - the spotlighting of your trio of spooky images is really effective. Thanks for playing with us over at TicTacToe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some of the best tree stamps! Great idea for those of use who don't buy many Halloween sets! I love that forest stencil and it's just the thing for a guy, especially with that great sentiment.😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.