Wednesday, October 19, 2022

A Couple Cards

I have a 4th entry for PFS WCMD using one of my favorite PFS sets, Delicate Wreath.  Years ago it was popular to use the same image for the background as for the focal point.  I decided to do a slight variation from white on white.  Really love the look of the wreath embossed with SSS Cream ep onto a white panel.  
I was going to do the reverse for the focal point, but I had Memento Nautical Blue ink pad on my table & decided to go for a blue & green color combo on the SSS Cream cardstock.  The other Memento inks are Northern Pine & Cottage Ivy.
I stamped the sentiment from the set in Nautical Blue & Versamark so I could clear emboss it.  The wreath was mounted with foam tape & trimmed even with the panel edges.  The card is SSS Cream cardstock.
I've seen a lot of cards lately incorporating colored cardstock strips, so decided to try it for Stay Crafty with Hero.  I keep my scraps divided by colors in plastic boxes, so pulled out 3 reds & 3 greens.  Then I temporarily attached them to copy paper & lined them up on PFS Color Block Stripes die.
I used my MISTI to stamp HA Christmas Rose Bundle on a white panel & on the smaller rectangle with the colored strips using Versafine Clair Nocturne.  The lines are a nice dark black in real life.  I spritzed the rectangle with shimmer mist & colored the stamens with a black glaze pen.  It was really easy to line up the images, even though I added a couple cardstock layers for dimension.  Finished off with clear gems in the flower centers.  A fun look for something different.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



16 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards, Greta! Love the pretty wreath against the white! And, second card is so interesting and bright with the wonderful strips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These may be my two favorite Greta cards this fall or year!! I enjoy your creativity so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your wreath card is stunning. Nice touch to emboss in the background. Love the colours as well. And your second card is fabulous. Love that look of the colour blocking style. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very pretty cards here Greta. The wreath one is so fresh with great embossing and dimension.

    Love how you used your snippets on the second card - with added dimension again.

    Meet you in the treehouse later for some hot chocolate and maybe a taste test of the Witches Brew?? X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards! I love the white on white embossing behind the lovely blue/green wreath. Your second card is great inspiration, since I've had trying that technique on my to-so list for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! These are just wonderful Greta, love your easy on the eye wreath with a beautiful sentiment. Your strips of paper card is so clever, and with a great design. Love them both
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using the wreath as background and it made a beautiful card. The colors you chose for your strips are so pretty and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two really effective ideas on these cards. I really like the coloured strips. might have to try it myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta, both cards are fabulous. Love the soft greens and aquas on your wreath. The embossing adds a lovely texture Your color strip card is awesome, love you explaining the how to's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still like the look of using the same image in the background and you've done it beautifully! Your second card is incredible! Love the design and need to give it a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful set of cards, greta. the first one is so elegant, but the second is a real showstopper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards, Greta - love your wreath and your layered outlines look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lovely cards Greta! I love them equally. Your idea for the snippets card is great - I need to try that one out! My guess is that using the Misti was a great help with lining up the stamping of the two layers so perfectly?

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are so beautiful, but the first one is so elegant, I think it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely cards again, Greta and I particularly love the wreath card. The multi ink colouring on the wreath is so classy and I really like the subtle white on white background. I really like the unusual spotlight technique you used on the second card too!
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two lovely cards Greta but the second and the way you have used the coloured element is so unusual.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.