Saturday, October 15, 2022

Halloween, Christmas, Friendship

As I said in my last post, I don't make many Halloween cards.  But I wanted to enter SSS Flickr October Halloween challenge.  Had something else in mind, but then I saw SSS Birch Tree Window die & here's what I did.  
Memory Box Parker Lowercase Alphabet dies are from a friend & were just what I needed.  Gotta say, WOW! Embossing Powders with sparkle are incredible!  Here I used Bee True & Persian Indigo.  You can see the sparkle in THIS short video on IG.  The blended Harvest Moon night sky was done with Distress Oxides spiced marmalade & fossilized amber.  I used a black Glaze pen for the bats.  You knew they were bats, right?😉
I used a couple cardstock layers to give the focal point a bit of dimension.  The mat is PTI Dark Indigo.  I'm also entering Memory Box October challenge & SSS Wednesday.
I really enjoyed making this Christmas tag for the Poppystamps October challenge using Poppystamps Tunnel Tags, Holly Outline & Merry Christmas Poe Script.  The holly outlines were stacked 4 high & I inserted only 1 layer of the leaves & berries colored with Copics YG03 & R20.  The stained glass look is done by filling the open areas with Nuvo Crystal Glaze.  Just couldn't get a decent close up picture. 
When it dried, I added the silver metallic outline diecut.  The words are covered with shimmer & I found a piece of twine in my stash with the same shade of blue as the old printed paper I used.  Now I want to use this color combo for a card!
So generous for PFS to give us a chance at 5 randomly drawn gift certificates by entering PFS WCMD challenge.  Here's my 3rd entry & this time I finally used Modern Layered Florals.  
Have to admit, I found using the layering stamps kinda tricky.  But my 2nd attempt was much better, so I just used the first one behind to make a thicker die cut.  The inks are PTI Sweet Blush & Melon Berry with Altenew Frayed Leaf & Forest Glades.  I die cut PFS Braided Tag from vellum & white embossed Lush Vines on the card front.  It was pretty with an all white background, but I decided to add the green ink in the center of the card.  I do love emboss resist!
I popped up a goil foiled PFS sentiment my friend, Vikki, gave me & finished off with a white crochet bow & PFS jewels.  This one is headed to a blog friend recovering from a serious illness.  Hope it makes her smile.  I'm also entering The Flower Challenge.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and tag Greta. Just love the Halloween one... cleverly done. And the tag is delightful. Such a gorgeous colour. Love your final card. The colours on the bouquet is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call that a soft approach to Halloween Greta, very much my way to go. The tag will make someones gift special and the last probably my favourite with the pretty colours and desing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the non-scary Halloween card with all that fun glittery color and the bats! The tag is gorgeous and so is your card entry! You've been busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed with how you improvise to make Halloween cards with few products. This is clever and, of course, I knew it was bats! (Let's just say I'm glad you pointed them out). Love the merry merry card and the Modern layered floral card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fab projects, Greta! Just love your little bats (yes, I can tell) among the trees on the Halloween card - such fun glittery goodness! And what a darling tag - love the Merry, Merry! Oooo - pretty stamp layered bouquet too! You've been busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great halloween card, greta. all that sparkle is so pretty. love the sweet little tag and the final card is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your glitzy glamorous take on Halloween! Your tags is as cute as it can be and your final card is ever so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bats in and about the trees on your fist, the tag is just very eyecatching, so clean and festive and your blooms are sweet! Great collection Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all these. Great sparkle on your halloween card and a great design. Your simple tag is just perfect and the soft colours and background stamping on your final card are really very special. well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a making machine you are Greta! Love your cards and tag! Thank you so much for the beautiful sympathy card my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to have been awol Greta and to miss all your gorgeous work. This post holds more beauty with such wonderful ideas and details.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards and tag, Greta. Love the PF card with the embossed resist background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beauties Greta! I love the shimmery scene with the bats through the trees and the floral card is gorgeous too but oh my goodness, that holly has gone straight to the top of my wish list!! Love the clean-ness of it and the way you presented it. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how delicate your card is. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge and celebrating our birthday with us. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely and varied design ideas you always bring to us, Greta! These three are just terrific! Good luck with the Pink Fresh challenge! Hope you are hanging in there okay. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.