Friday, September 30, 2022

Altenew September Challenge

Once again, I have a last minute entry for the Altenew Challenge.  
Took me awhile to come up with an idea, but finally I remembered the Vintage Lace embossing folder with coloring stencils.  I watched the layering guide video & it's very helpful.  The color combo in the inspiration photo is really beautiful & I found these inks matched it pretty well:  Altenew Coral Berry & Frayed Leaf, PTI Pale Peony. 
The sentiment from Floral Frame was silver embossed & die cut with Altenew Nesting Ovals.  I also embossed the oval edges & added a couple cardstock layers for dimension. 
The tiny flower has Silver Stickles in the center & I used silver metallic cardstock for the mat.  I'm also entering SSS Monday and SSS Wednesday
My heart goes out to everyone dealing with the hurricane. Hard to imagine so much devastation in a few hours.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.

15 comments:

  1. Sure is a beautiful use of the embossing folder and stencil, Greta for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Greta. I've been looking at this folder and the stencil - might have to get it. It looks amazing and fits perfectly for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really beautiful Greta, some of these layering stencils are so clever.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Greta - the colors are pleasing and that's a great embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely, and a great entry to the challenge. I love this set, but never saw the video which I'm sure would have been very helpful to me as well! Off to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this soft color and beautiful flowers. Even the embossing folder has a soft look. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfectly composed and inked Greta. I love the oval sentiment as well. Love that those bigger sentiment pieces are coming back into style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is absolutely amazing, greta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta this is such a beautiful card, I saw it on IG and I wanted a closer look. Just so elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, I love it. Your CCC card is pretty special this month too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card, Greta! Beautiful flowers against the embossed background! And, so elegant, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colors on those blossoms, Greta, & I love the embossed texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh.... I like this one, Greta! It's so soft and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is amazing!!! LOve it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.