Thursday, September 15, 2022

Reminder for Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge

I'm back with another GD card for CCCC where the theme is Candy or Cookie.  Check out the blog for all the details about the challenge along with inspiration from the DT & GDT.  The Winnie & Walter Peppermint Zone die was the first thing that came to my mind when I learned the challenge theme.  However, I didn't see it in my stash & used old printed paper for my first GD card.  Decided to look again & sure enough, there it was!  I must have just gone through the box of my W&W products too quickly.  
I die cut from red and white cardstock leaving all the pieces attached in the red panel.  Then I glued just the inside pieces from the white panel over the red ones for a fun look with just a bit of dimension.  Pigment Craft Company Cup of Happy die was cut from green glitter foam & embellished with images from an old Hero Arts kit.  You might think it'll be hard to drink your coffee, tea or cocoa from this cup, but all you need is a straw--haha!  Oops--should have thought about that when I was making my card! 
The inks are VersaMagic Red Magic & Brilliance Gamma Green.  The PFS Classic Holiday Words sentiment was die cut from vellum for the shadow & silver metallic cardstock for the word.  Finished off with silver gems from my stash.  Thanks to CCCC for having me design with them this month.  I hope I've inspired you to join in this fun Christmas challenge. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


11 comments:

  1. Cool background for your sparkly cup, Greta - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the playfulness of the background! What a fun card, Greta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That peppermint candy feel really adds a lot to the card. Love how you designed and put this one together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely twist with traditional colours Greta.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm ready for a cup of peppermint tea from that gorgeous cup. What fun paper that is, Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet card, greta! love all the pretty poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous background that is, love those flower details too. Congrats on your guest designer spot xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card, Greta!! Beautiful poinsettias! Lovely cup and love the amazing background! Congrats on your GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I always enjoy and love a coffee card. I have mixed feelings about that blog, but we can discuss that one at another time. Your creativity is always a blessing to me. I hope you're having a happy and creative week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. A peppermint candy background...how perfect is that?!? I just love how festive this card is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun, festive card! Thanks for joining in with out die-lightful challenge at Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.