Sunday, July 4, 2021

Happy 4th of July to my US friends!

Hope everyone is having a safe, fun holiday in the US.  We're watching fireworks on TV & hoping most people take the advice to leave fireworks to the experts.  Everything is so dry & wildfires have already burned a lot of acres.  Plus--big booms make Fritz pretty uncomfortable.
Anyway, wanted to share some cards I've recently made.  
I follow Scrapbook & Cards blog where they recently had challenges celebrating their Summer Magazine release.  The Guest Designer for the sketch challenge is a nurse I "met" on IG.  That motivated me to enter the challenge & I'm honored my card was one they showcased in this blog post!  
I had so much fun using products from many different companies: Pinkfresh Studio, Sizzix, Pretty Pink Posh, Taylored Expressions, My Favorite Things, Poppystamps & AJVD.  
Plus inks, ep & embellishments from Ranger, Lawn Fawn, Pico Embellisher, JudiKins & Eyelet Outlet.  Not sure who made the silver glitter paper that was a scrap.  Ask me if you want info on a specific product.
Next is the card I entered for ITP PTI Challenge to use only dies.  I made my version of a mini slimline using printed paper from the pack I got in the $1 sale years ago.  
The Merry & Bright tree dies were a gift from a friend long ago & I do love the fun look!  I used scraps of New Leaf cardstock & added lines of Lime Stickles.  I've had these wooden stars forever & they were just what I needed here.  The Pure Poppy strips were die cut with AJVD strip die using the partial diecutting technique to make them long enough.  Yes--I did fail to position the plate correctly the first time.  That's what I get for doing it at 11pm--haha!  
The sentiment from Bold Borders: Yuletide was stacked, brushed with shimmer & covered with Nuvo Glaze.  Originally I planned to do a landscape card, but realized in time that I liked this layout a lot better.

My final card is for ITP PTI challenge to make an intricate card.  I had a couple dies that would work, but decided on Shape Shifters: Oval 3.  I've never separated the 3 dies, as I'm afraid it'd take me forever to line them up.  I covered the white die cut with shimmer spray which is so pretty in person.  The sweet little bird is Feathered Friends Mini 8.  
The inks are Lilac Grace, Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet, Soft Stone, Weathervane, Smokey Shadow & Honey Nut.  I rounded the corners of the Weathervane panel & used the flag die from Tag Sale: Quilted, rather than the branch that comes with the bird.  I've always loved these leaves from Garden Gild, which I die cut from Soft Stone.  The sentiment is from Simple Stems & the black dots are Pico Embellisher.  I'm also entering SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



20 comments:

  1. An inspirational post as always Greta, sounds like you have it pretty warm in your parts which is more than I can say here, still lots of rain and temps struggling to reach much more than 17/18 deg. Happy 4th July.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful cards Greta. Happy 4th to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this group of cards with all the different products. Daisy doesn't like the big bangs either and they go off all around us. I hope your heat has calmed down and it is more comfortable now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too watched the fireworks on TV...though I could have probably looked out a window. Felt like we were in a war zone last night with all the neighborhood fireworks. I always feel badly for the animals.

    Your cards are again a delight to see. I've not been on IG much with out recent trip and I missed them there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. three great cards, Greta - especially love the last one in the in grays and pink - fireworks kept me awake on saturday and sunday nite until midnight - riduculous and so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely beautiful Greta!!! So in love with your slimline Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards, greta! congrats on the shout out on the scrapbook & cards today blog for the first card! so well deserved! your pti/itp cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trio of loveliness, my friend! I hope you enjoyed a happy 4th and that Fritz wasn't too frightened. Our little Max was terrified of even a little firecracker pop. The big ones... oh boy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. All such beautiful cards, Greta!! Lovely design and pretty butterfly on your first card! Love the Christmas card with the trees! And, last card is very pretty! A wonderful sweet bird! Our Sheila isn’t frightened by the fireworks. I am surprised she isn’t since she doesn’t like noise, but the noise she doesn’t like is the emergency broadcast alarm that comes over the TV at times. We got the heat here until Wednesday. I hope it cooled down there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your work, you create wonderful cards(^.^)
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card designs and so filled with inspiration. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really excited about how great you did the sketch. I would have had my problems there. There is a great deal to consider. You succeeded without looking overloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three very special cards. love that little bird on the last one xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always a Joy to make a cuppa and relish your post Greta. Especially love the first card with the use of that gorgeous butterfly; a set which I've had on my wish list for ages. Lovely that you were recognized for your card. The crisp clean trees look perfect for Christmas and the intricate die challenge rounded out a fabulous set of cards, All lovely, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been MIA whilst you've been ever so productive. I just loved today's visit and seeing all those creations I missed... Everyone is beautiful from butterflies to birds... Sending hugs your way... Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what wonderful selection of designs Greta.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fabulous creations and so very creative Greta. The first one is so eye catching with a great mix of dies and stamps x. I have so enjoyed dipping into your blog today and being wowed by your creativity x.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three beauties, Greta! Love your take on the sketch for card one, the fab trees with wooden stars on card two and the sweet birdie on card three!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such cute cards!! I love the bird! I hope your out of the line of smoke from the fires!! We have so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.