Friday, July 16, 2021

Copic Markers and Alcohol Inks

It's been awhile, but finally I'm back to show you some of my recent cards.  Surprise, surprise--I actually used my Copic markers & alcohol inks--yay!
I decided to try coloring SSS Cosmos Stem die cuts with Copics--not as intimidating as a stamped panel.  
Love the peachy colors with some yellow Stickles in the centers.  The background is made with the largest pieces of Birchpress Grace Layers A, B & C.  They're all colored with DO lucky clover.  I used a lighter hand for the top & clear embossed the bottom layer.  
I didn't like the stark, white background, so lightly sponged on some squeezed lemonade.  The white embossed sentiment is from SSS Thoughtful Messages & the dots are Pico Embellisher.
The CAS Mix Up challenge inspired me to try again to use my Alcohol Inks.  Not sure I've tried them on vellum before & the look is really pretty!  I did remember a tip to use fewer colors together & I think that is why my panels turned out this time.  For this card I used blue, green & silver fixative splatters.
A die from Mama Elephant Union Square was used to cut the vellum & a soft stone panel.  Then the vellum die cut was inlaid into the soft stone panel.  Poppystamps Powell Butterfly was die cut from white & silver scraps.  The body from a Memory Box butterfly die fit perfectly.  
The sentiment from SSS Thoughtful Messages was stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist.  We mailed this one to an elderly, extended family member facing heart valve replacement surgery.
Next is the card I made for GK Monthly Mix challenge.  I mixed pink & red AI & added some gold foil to this vellum panel.  I stamped the poinsettia from GK Festive Flowers in gold sparkle ep, but it didn't give enough definition to the image.
Luckily the stamp was still in my MISTI, so I inked it in black & stamped again.  Love how it turned out!  I stamped the double poinsettia from the set in Versamark on a pink, textured panel.  The thin SSS frame was die cut from the pink panel & from black cardstock, so I could inlay the black frame.
I stamped the sentiment from the set in black & used a deep, red cardstock for the mat.  Finished with a deep red gem & gold watercolor paint splatters.  I'm also entering CAS Mix Up & ModSquad.
Finally, another Christmas card made with more AI panels on vellum.  Hero Arts Paper Layering poinsettia was die cut from a panel with Crimson & Cranberry AI plus gold foil.  
I backed each piece with plain vellum & used foam tape to adhere the pieces.  Decided I needed green leaves, so made another vellum panel with Lettuce & Sublime Alcohol Inks plus gold foil.  The background is a Sizzix Tim Holtz poinsettia folder used with a deeper gold shimmer paper.  Winnie & Walter noel die was cut twice from black cardstock & brushed with a gold shimmer pen--really pretty in person.  I'm entering ABNH, ModSquad & SSS Wednesday.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.


20 comments:

  1. Wow Greta, your have been busy love the colors, designs and die cuts. Hope you are enjoying your summer.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautifully crafted Greta but that first one with the Cosmos is just stunning.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards Greta. Love the AI on the vellum on the last one. Looks amazing. Your first card is spectacular. The Copic colouring is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!! Such a beautiful array of cards Greta... I'm sure my Copics have all dried up by now... Good on you for pulling them out! Have a beautiful weekend my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic group of cards - on prettier than the other - I think my fave tho is the first one - lovely copic coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you tried the AI on vellum. Your cards are so pretty and I love the look of the inks on vellum. Your Copic coloring is gorgeous too. A wonderful group of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four stunning cards, Greta - just love them all but especially the AI on vellum poinsettia. You know that die is a fave of mine and I'm going to have to try this asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm swooning over those flowers on your first card, love them! These are all marvelous, Greta and your Copic coloring looks great! Each one as pretty as the next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greta, a beautiful collection of cards. YOur flowers are fabulously colored in the first card. Loving the glittery butterfly in the second. And, your poinsettia cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can I say Greta?these are all fantastical cards with gorgeous colouring and designs. Your butterfly card would have cheered your relative up a lot. I hope they are OK.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. another lovely set of cards, greta! the copic coloring on the first card is beautiful! your alcohol ink backgrounds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. These are all so beautiful!! That first card is stunning! Congrats on your PTI win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All beautiful cards, Greta!! Your first card is so pretty with the copic coloring on the flowers! Love the color combo and the lovely dies!! The second card is fabulous with the sparkly butterfly and background! And, perfect Christmas cards!! Well done on this wonderful collection of cards!! Have a great rest of the week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three truly stunning cards, love your alcohol ink on vellum. thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful cards, you have such an eye for color and design. I love them all!!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~ MSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always good work, great cards.
    Kisses and good summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glorious cards, so creative and with fabulous designs. The first one with the wonderful die cutting and colouring looks extra special Greta x.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word Greta, so many gorgeous cards. I have never used Copics and your card showcases them beautifully. I adore the green inlay with the butterfly and the Poinsettia just takes my breath away! The Noel card reminds me that I should be thinking of making Christmas cards too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.