Friday, June 4, 2021

Happy June!

We used to say the nice weather started after July 4th, but that's sure not true anymore.  It's felt like summer for weeks & we're concerned about wildfires again being a problem.  So much sun has the roses blooming like crazy!
I'm really enjoying the frequent ITP PTI challenges.  Here are a few more cards I've entered.
3D embossing folders are all the rage & I do love them.  I actually got some of the first ones that came out a few years ago by WRMK.  This one is Geometric & makes a beautiful background.  
I was surprised it wasn't overpowering with these small PTI Friendly Flowers die cuts. The sentiment is Wonderful Words: Hello and the inks are Sweet Blush, Pale Peony & Green Parakeet.  I entered the challenge to create a Hello card.





Next is the card I entered for the challenge to make a celebrate card with a blended background.  I used Distress Oxides kitsch flamingo, shaded lilac & salvaged patina--love this combo!  
Framed in Florals was heat embossed with JudiKins Black Diamond powder which has sparkle. The word from Essential Sentiments was black embossed. Shimmer mist & sparkling clear sequins make it definitely a girly card!
My brother in law is recovering from hip replacement surgery & this is the card I made for him using PFS Dainty Blossoms which includes these leafy dies that work great for a guy or a gal.  Since I wanted the die cuts to stay white, I blended the background so it was the darkest behind them.  
Doesn't lucky clover & cracked pistachio look beautiful together?  I really do love blending Distress Oxides!  I splashed some water for texture & added white Pico Embellisher dots.  The sentiment from Altenew Flower Vine was stamped on a strip I die cut with PFS Color Block Stripes.  I'm entering PFS May Challenge & The Snippets Playground since I used white scraps for the die cuts.

My last card is for Stamplorations Spring Fling, Stamplorations Never-ending Anything Goes & WAW.  I've used this design with ink blended stripes, but wanted to see if I could do it with Altenew Watercolor markers.  This is my 3rd attempt, but it was worth it!  I was even able to use the other side of the watercolor panel that was a mess--yay!  
The Stamplorations stamps designed by Deepti are Blossom Sprays 1 and Frames & Flowers.  Everything was black embossed & the panel was die cut with AJVD dotted rectangle.  I added small black splatters & black Pico Embellisher dots. 
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you. 




19 comments:

  1. Wow Greta. A great way to start June! Love all of these but that first one is so pretty and sweet. Your ink blending is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shouldn't pick a favorite but the last one truly is! I need to visit your blog/IG feed more for inspiration! Loving what the warm weather is doing with my roses also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a real bumper post Greta and it certainly reflects the summers weather you have been having. Here summer arrived a week or so back, then rain again but looks like we are moving back to the early 20's again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heaps of prettiness in your roses AND your cards! You've been busy and I love the results. The 3D embossed background is fantastic! 90 for us today and tomorrow. It's too early for temps like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your flowers look terrific. We've had lots of rain and everything is in bloom. Your cards are so pretty. I look the blended looks and that Dainty Blossoms is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. another wonderful array of cards, Greta! they're all so pretty but i'm really loving the last one - those stripes with the black outline flowers is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're in the midst of a 4 day 90 degree wave. Fortunately its not too humid yet. Summer has arrived. Lovely gallery of cards Greta, I am especially in love with the card for your BIL. Those greens look fantastic with the white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet again a stunning collection of cards. Love them all. I was reassured to hear you had several attempts to get those water coloured stripes right as my first thought when I saw it was how did she do that! Might have a go, but knowing how time disappears I might not xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. another fabulous set of cards, greta! the ink blended background on the second card is amazing, but i must admit that i'm a bit partial to the last card. love the bold graphic look you achieved by stamping the image in black and then adding those gorgeous stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blending you have done on your cards Greta, especially with the die cuts. Such different and beautiful results. I Love your roses and your green lawn. Our roses are just coming out and at last some warm sunshine.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Greta and gorgeous Roses! We're having a spell of good weather too and I'm making the most of it... Rain is always on the horizon here. I hope you don't experience more fires this year.. keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending hugs your way

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful roses, so pretty Greta.
    Thank you for reminding me about those wonderful dimensional embossing folders on your first beautiful card x. Fabulous blending and wonderful colours on the next two cards and love the watercolour effect on your last card Greta...glad you persevered x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful roses! I’m happy that mine have finally bloomed. A very pretty embossed background on your first card! And, lovely flower images on all your cards! The weather this week will be very warm here. I think it’s too hot too soon. I hope and pray that the fires out west won’t be too severe this summer. Have a good week, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All are so well designed and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Four beauties, Greta! Especially love the watercolor stripes one - gorgeous and I love your DIO blending on the green card!! Stunning roses - bet you're enjoying them!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many beautiful cards and your roses are real eye-catchers too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely selection of cards Greta - I love them all! Gorgeous rose too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah Greta, your roses as beautiful as your cards. I love them all, especially the black stamped ones; so pretty with the bright colours. We really are right into Winter, with snow in the hills, an inch of rain on the garden, with more to come. The State were the little Grand Girls live is in shut down again, as they have had another outbreak of Covid. The other Grand Parents are trapped there as they can't get out or the State. I can't imagine a time when we will get back to normal. But enough of my woes! It was lovely to see your pretty post. I'm inspired to get my stamps out now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Greta! I did laugh about the shock Fritz got when he stepped off the dock and also the stick pinching routine - clever girl! We used to walk the Bichons on a double split lead and one time Benjie stepped onto what he thought was grass but in fact was pondweed in a lake at Chatsworth House. Little Dougal was on the other end of the split lead with his toes well dug in lest he got dragged in after Benjie. The smell when we lifted him out was dreadful - thankfully we were in our caravan on their site which was just a short walk so it was fairly easy to hose him down at the 'wellie cleaning' pitch! Right now, Dudley is wrapped in a damp towel like a burrito to cool him down. Looks like ET!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.