Friday, May 28, 2021

A Few More Cards

Happy Memorial Day weekend to my US friends.  Giving thanks for the ultimate sacrifice so many have given to keep our country free.  We'll be staying home & probably inside with the air conditioning to keep us cool--if the forecast is right!
Here's a card made with PTI Friendly Flowers.  I've never used the dies without the matching stamps, but I wanted to enter the challenge to create a card with blended flowers.  
Actually, I love how it turned out!  The background Scalloped Stackers: Large die cut is from my friend, Vikki.  The inks are Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Melon Berry & Spring Moss.  I did use dot stamps from Harvest Berries for the flower centers.  The PTI sentiment die was cut from vellum & Classic Kraft.  I double clear embossed the letters to make them stand out more.  Love the KaiserCraft Chino pearls I've had forever!
Next is the card I made for the challenge to make a friend card with different patterns.  I used some very old 12x12 sheets of MME Wild Asparagus designer paper--so beautiful!  
Feathered Friends 8 is so sweet & easy to assemble.  I did a bit of ink blending on the head & tail. 
The sentiment is from Wildflower Garden & the tag is also PTI.  I stamped leaves from Bold Blooms on the solid panel using Versamark.
I was lucky to win a gift certificate from the new company called Pigment Craft.  Here's my first card made with Frame Builder: Hello stamps/stencils/dies.  
Love how it's open at one end.  I used these inks: PTI Berry Sorbet & Aqua Mist, MFT Peach Bellini & C9 Clover & Grapefruit.  I added a Gina Marie die cut panel & a woodgrain vellum PTI die cut frame to a panel of Soft Stone.  Then I mounted the frame stacked 3 high & embellished with a sparkle pen.  The sentiment from another Pigment stamp set called Cup of Happy was stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist & the tiny black hearts are Gina K.
Recently I learned to heat my laminator at least 20 minutes before using it for foiling.  I did have much better results & here's a card I made for May Rudolph Days.  
I used gold foil on a striped Gina K toner sheet for the background.  The MFT poinsettia was die cut from a plain toner sheet & foiled with beautiful red & green Gina K specialty foils.  Wish you could see it in person as it changes in the light.  
The SSS toner sentiment strip is also gold foiled & I used gold sequins to finish it off.  It's not 100% perfect, but I'll still be sending it this year.  I'm also entering The Snippets Playground (red cardstock scraps) & SSS Wednesday.
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



19 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! These are all so pretty, Greta. Each one as fabulous as the next. I love the card with the bird and pretty PP! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win! Beautiful creations Greta ... I adore that little bird card. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greta,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Your poinsettia card is very beautiful and such gorgeous luxurious background you have created.
    All in all a super fab design.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Your other creations are gorgeous too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. another set of truly Greta cards. The soft colors and lovely designs make for fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty, Greta. I remember Wild Asparagus papers and still have some, I'm sure. The bird is so sweet with those soft colors. I just saw on the news about your heat. Whew, stay in and make cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Greta! I'm really interested to see the lovely results from using toner sheets for foiling, I recently bought a few items by Gina K as well as Deco Foil to be able to do foiling using my laminating machine. Your poinsettia card is fabulous!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great set of cards, they are all really special. There is no way I could pick a favourite xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous collection of cards and a rainbow of different colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful array of cards, Greta - you've been busy with all those challenges! my fave is the feathered friends card with all that pretty pp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great set of cards Greta. all very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always don't know which card to praise first, because they are all beautiful again, each in their own way !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh , these cards just get better and better as I look at each one. Love all of them but the pieced bird card is the one I like the most. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your cards are so pretty/ Those blended flowers are fab.

    Your Rudolph days Challenge card looks great. I have not tried foiling so I can not see any errors. I just see a beautiful card! The foiled areas look good and the flower is beautiful./
    Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards, they are always beautiful.
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous set of cards, greta! love that bold, foiled poinsettia on the last card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME set of cards Greta, your ideas and the making of them is beautiful, each one has it's charm.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every card is beautiful, Greta! Each one is unique and lovely with wonderful design! I’m very drawn to your poinsettia card with all the shine and gorgeous gold, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are all lovely Greta. I find myself drawn to the shimmer of the poinsettia card in particular. So pretty with the red and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glorious cards Greta but extra loving the first amazing and beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.