Saturday, December 26, 2020

Cards for Hubby

Hope everyone had a safe, peaceful holiday with hope for a better 2021.  Here's the Christmas card I made for hubby using Memory Box Garden Birch Landscape stencil.  
The Distress Oxides are faded jeans, broken china & rustic wilderness.  I added a touch of gray to the trees with a small, wet brush & the ink from a Zig.  I added white gauche splatters for snow & used a Gelly Roll Clear Star pen for sparkly dots.  The Memory Box Merry die cut was triple white embossed & then I added a final layer of  Hero Arts Sparkle ep.  
The little sentiment from PTI Botanical Blocks IV was stamped in Enchanted Evening & attached with foam tape.  The mat is Enchanted Evening cardstock.  Hubby really liked his card & said "You should enter this one in a contest."  Just so happens I'm entering the December Memory Box Challenge: Trees & SSS Monday via IG.

Next is the Valentine I made for hubby, thanks to the ITP PTI Challenge.  I've been wanting to use ITP Nifty Plaid & thought it'd be great for a masculine card. 
I stamped in Pure Poppy on a white panel that I bordered with a black scrap.  I stamped a small heart from Heart 2 Heart #2 in 3 open areas after figuring out where I wanted the word from Wonderful Words: Friends & the Love die cut.  I used some of my overflowing white scraps to die cut Love twice & then triple white embossed it for a smooth, shiny surface.  I'm also entering SSS Monday & The Snippets Playground.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.



17 comments:

  1. Hope you had a peaceful Christmas and we all pray together that 2021 will be a safer year for everyone.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful. I am particularly partial to the first one! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cards, Greta - the trees especially pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a lovely Christmas Greta. I think we are all ready to be rid of 2020 and hope that 2021 brings better times.
    Two great cards Greta. I really like the trees one - that die is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful set of cards for steve, greta! your ink blending on the first card is fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two marvelous cards for your hubby! The background you've created for the pretty white birch trees is terrific. I agree, the plaid makes a great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful. Wonderful cards for hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards, Greta. I especially love the Christmas card, wonderful design and the background is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Greta. The Christmas card is amazing. Love the colours and trees look wonderful. Love the classic geometric look to the Valentines card. Happy New Year my friend, hope 2021 is a better year for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great card for hubby. I have that tree die and this is a beautiful inspiration card. Very masculine Valentine too. I can't believe it is time to start them already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous first card for your husband Greta. The colours, the blending and the stencil look amazing x. Love the valentines card and loving that plaid. I hope you had a peaceful Christmas? x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know hubby must have loved his card Greta, it's wonderful. Your second card is so bright and cheerful, love it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lovely cards for Greta. I like the colour blending behind the trees and the crisp stamping in red and white for the valentines card. Hope you Christmas was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Steve is one lucky guy! Your Christmas card is so beautiful with all its details. Happy New 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fab cards for hubs, Greta!! Just love the stencil on card one and the fun plaid on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two awesome cards for your husband, Greta!! A beautiful birch stencil and lovely blue and green! Perfect sentiment! One of my favs, so pretty! The red plaid is beautiful on your second card! And, great addition with the sweet hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards for your Hubby Greta! And you're so well ahead having made his Valentines card already! Wowser. Easter cards next? Stay safe!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.