Thursday, October 3, 2019

Thinking Fall

Hubby & Fritz will hold down the fort while I'm away visiting family & friends.  I won't have my laptop, so I'll be on a blog break.  You might see a picture or 2 on Instagram, though.  I do want to share a couple cards before I get to packing.
The current theme at ABNH is Inspired By Another Crafter.  Of course there are lots of big name designers who inspire me, but I get just as much inspiration from my talented blogging friends.  I've been lucky enough to meet a few of them in person, including Betty who is on the Facebook DT for ABNH.  We have a lot in common including our taste in cards. 
I got the HA Autumn Icons die set after Betty pointed it out & recently she painted a die cut with HA Glimmer Inks which I've used very little.  That inspired me to combine the 2 for this card.  Betty often has a focal point in one corner & a sentiment.  The pumpkin turned out too big for that, but I do have a single focal point & simple Impression Obsession sentiment.  The background paper is a texured sheet from a very inexpensive pad Rosemary & I found last time we got together.  Hope Betty likes the card she inspired.  I'm also entering DCD & WAW.
ChallengeInspiredByGrab our BadgeGrab our badge:
I really loved the card I made for the last SSS Flickr challenge HERE.  There was a little bit of the panel left on both sides of where the leaves were die cut & I thought it'd make a pretty pumpkin.
Now I'm hoping it looks like a pumpkin--or would you not have known without me telling you?  Anyway, the pumpkin die is MFT Primitive Pumpkins & the panel it was cut from is SSS Kaleidoscope Background embossed in SSS Rose Gold powder & colored with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists.  I scored an area near the bottom of the card front & covered it with Versamark Dazzle ink pad direct to paper. 
The SSS sentiment is 2 high & heat embossed with the same Rose Gold powder.  The splatters on the Classic Kraft are TA Glimmer Mists.  Glad to have a Thanksgiving card ready to mail.  I'm  entering SSS Flickr 133 & The Snippets Playground.
Snippets Playground Badge
Thanks so much for taking time to stop by.  If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you as soon as I can.



16 comments:

  1. Fun! Road trip! Enjoy visiting your friends and family! I was drawn to that first card in my blogger feed! Very pretty delicate pumpkin! And I Love how you made an embossing strip on your second card. The sentiment and pumpkin really pop!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I was the inspiration for your awesome pumpkin card - you've inspired me to create one like yours - thanks for the honor - have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards, Greta. My favourite is the first one, I just love the pumpkin outline die cut, so pretty. Enjoy your trip visiting family and friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are CAS and elegant Greta! I knew it was a pumpkin right away! Safe travels, see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS designs and I am glad you shared them. Have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the sentiment leads one to think pumpkin. Darling cards. Have a fabulous trip, enjoy your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty set of pumpkin cards, Greta! Have a wonderful time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cards Greta! I saw a pumpkin right away :)

    Have a wonderful trip and be sure to report back afterwards on what went on!

    Sending hugs and safe travel wishes

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your simple pumpkin card. Have a lovely time away. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely autumn cards Greta and I love the clean uncluttered style you have!
    Enjoy your trip and have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful fall cards, Greta! Very pretty pumpkins! Perfect CAS cards! See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fabulous autumn cards Greta. So glad you joined us for the DCD's challenge this month, Love seeing those die cut pumpkins. And I like the pumpkin on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are lovely!! Have a wonderful trip my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pumpkin cards Greta, I especially like the the die cut and colouring on your top card. Hope you are having a fun time away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both delightful CAS design! Thanks for playing along our October challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards for Autumn, Greta. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. If your blog address is in your profile or comment, I will visit you.